Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Ofcourse that's long and that is why I am posting and seeking a solution here
Are you inside or outside? You should contact them.

pal-3

Mar 27, 2013
Hello - These notes are from my GCMS report. Note 1 is about an email. Can anyone suggest what these notes mean?

Notes 2: File removed from PE and forwarded to local office?

Notes 3: Referred for review - test taken outside Canada. JML T3

I got my test done and status updated to completed in November 2021 but no update since then. Tried contacting them as I got back to Canada but no response/ update from them.

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello - These notes are from my GCMS report. Note 1 is about an email. Can anyone suggest what these notes mean?

Notes 2: File removed from PE and forwarded to local office?

Notes 3: Referred for review - test taken outside Canada. JML T3

I got my test done and status updated to completed in November 2021 but no update since then. Tried contacting them but no response.
Are you back in Canada?

Anne_B

May 23, 2022
Hi all!
Just had my oath ceremony yesterday (yay!)
And I was wondering - an I suppose to receive a confirmation that my email with the signed form was received?
If I didn't get one should I re-send the form?

Thanks!

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Hi all!
Just had my oath ceremony yesterday (yay!)
And I was wondering - an I suppose to receive a confirmation that my email with the signed form was received?
If I didn't get one should I re-send the form?

Thanks!
Congrats. Mine is tomorrow. How long did it take from Zoom start till complete.

Anne_B

May 23, 2022
Congratulations timeline please.
Thanks! I've already posted mine a while back, but here it is again:

Type: Mail application
Office: Scarborough
Application: Single
Application sent: May 14, 2021
Delivered: May 15, 2021
AOR: August 12, 2021
Background Verification: Jan. 24, 2022
Invitation for Online Test: Mar. 18, 2022
Test Completed: Apr. 4, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions : May 16, 2022
Oath ceremony invitation sent: May 19
Oath Ceremony scheduled for: June 13, 2022

Reactions: DEEP2022

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
Already posted mine a while back -

Type: Mail application
Application: Single
Application sent: May 14, 2021
Delivered: May 15, 2021
AOR: August 12, 2021
Background Verification: Jan. 24, 2022
Invitation for Online Test: Mar. 18, 2022
Test Completed: Apr. 4, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions : May 16, 2022
Oath ceremony invitation sent: May 19
Oath Ceremony scheduled for: June 13, 2022
Your timeline gives me hope!!

Reactions: Anne_B

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I had my Oath Ceremony through the Scarborough office today and it all went very expeditiously. I made the mistake of not connecting the zoom audio at first, but that was the only real hiccup.

During the registration I had to confirm my name, show a piece of ID (Driver's Licence) and my PR Card. I was then told it would take 2-4 weeks to receive my Certificate. I asked about urgent processing and the agent (who was lovely) said that I would have had to request urgent processing before the ceremony date with evidence of the need. It wasn't very clear in the instructions that this was an option - I have (flexible) travel booked soon so I would have been able to share the evidence but the instructions seemed to imply that I would have to delay my ceremony. I didn't want to postpone becoming a citizen so I will deal with the travel issue later if it becomes a problem.

I was told that as long as I could send the oath form in right after the ceremony, the agent would make every effort to process it today to have it mailed out tomorrow. I then proceeded to cut up my PR Card. True to the promise I received email confirmation directly from the agent that everything was set to go and the certificate will be mailed tomorrow. I don't think this is standard procedure but I really appreciate the extra effort.

The ceremony itself was presided over by Judge Rania Sfeir who joined from Montréal. Though the language of the ceremony was stated to be bilingual, only Judge Sfeir spoke French - all instructions by the Clerk were in English. The mood and tone of the ceremony was happy and upbeat. Lots of congratulatory remarks and comments on the rights and responsibilities of Citizenship. There was a photo moment after the oath where we were all asked to turn off our video and the judge was the only one on screen, we could then take a selfie with Judge Sfeir. I regret not screenshotting the Judge and then using the image later on to take better photos. Tip: Take a full screen screenshot and then you can do better photos afterwards.

The instructions on signing the Oath form were given through a Power Point presentation and deviated somewhat from the instructions in the invitation with regard to the subject line of the email we had to send. There were 105 candidates so I appreciate we didn't have to break out into separate rooms to be given individual instructions.

Now I get to wait for the Certificate and go and apply for a passport. Here's my timeline to date:

Paper Application | Single | 1100.5 physical presence days
Delivered: June 3, 2021
AOR: Sep 15, 2021
eCAS in Process: October 29, 2021
Background Check Completed: Jan 24, 2022
Test Invitation Received: Mar 12, 2022
Test Taken: Mar 18, 2022
Test Marked Completed: Mar 21, 2022
eCAS Decision Made: May 19, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony In Progress: May 19, 2022
Oath Date: June 14, 2022

I am now a Canadian Citizen - hard to believe.

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hi - How long does it take for Oath Ceremony status to change to "In Progress" after everything else is completed? My timelines are given below:

Paper application
Delivered: July 9th 2021
Test Invite: Dec 3rd 2021
Test completed: Dec 20th 2021
BC completed: Jan 24th 2022
Language, Prohibitions, Physical Presence completed: Jun 9th 2022
Oath Ceremony: Not started

Thanks