+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hi guys!

I sent in my PP copies on April 25th. Anyone have an idea how long it takes to receive interview invite after PP copies? June 2019 applicant, really want to vote during Election Day. Worried I won’t hear back before then. Any insight would be appreciated.

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
My last email to Scarborough office.

"
Dear Sirs,

This email is just to let you know why we are frustrated about the Scarborough office citizenship process. We all understand that there are back log. But we do not understand how you handle each applications. How come the 2021 applicants are getting the certificates and attending the oath ceremonies , while the 2019 and 2020 applicants are waiting on limbo. This is what we call "discrimination" and arrogant. Even a Kindergarden students will understand what you guys are doing is wrong and unethical ? just a reminder COVID19 does not change people nuts.
"
I second your thought and frustration. I also in the boat and raising the same question. You are 100% correct.

Reactions: artin2015

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello Folks,
Today my background verification from completed went back to in progress.
Do I need to do another set of fingerprints. The first one I did was in Mar 2021.
I was thinking I may get oath invite anytime soon and need for fingerprints will not be there.
The issue is I am outside Canada, can I do fingerprints for RCMP from outside Canada?

Lastly, background verification is only for fingerprints or other things, will for sure I will be receiving email or another notification for fingerprints?

Any past experience and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: summaiya_t

antalya

Jul 4, 2018
I got an email for passport copies, but I have already submitted them 6 months ago and verified that they have received them. Anyone experienced this situation?
This morning, I was lucky enough to talk with an agent. I was told that my passport copies are in the system and they were received in Dec 2021. I am less worried but, still awaiting a response/action/update from the office.

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
My file got updated with today's date and history reads background verification updated to in progress and this is dated 6th May.

So far formally I have not received any email or notification for fingerprints.

Is background verification refers to fingerprints request or it can be something else?

Anyone faced such update for BV other than FP request?

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
These hard working officers didn’t process your file on time so your background check expired after 1 year and they will ask you to send fingerprints again when they look at your file.

• Haha
Reactions: anumantra and Jakev

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
MY GCMS notes says the same on the first two items but my App Status Reason is In Progress, I sent email to scarborough office in April and they replied my application is in queue of the next event (as Language/physical/prohibition checks not yet completed, I'm guessing this next event is interview). I requested GCMS notes twice and the second one shows there is an update on Feb 28 on Paper File History but no details about what kind of update. However, on my tracker, there is no update since Aug 21 after completing my test.

Sounds like your file is transferred to another officer?
what email did you use ?

prasanna@

Aug 15, 2016
I had an interview today with the officer..general ID verification and since I had given test from outside Canada she asked when I had left Canada.I asked her by when can I expect to receive oath, she said post interview it takes few weeks to get oath..anyone any idea what is the average number of weeks it takes to receive oath post interview?
Hi,
Are you still outside canada? I am also outside and completed by test on nov 26, 2021. No updates since then. Test status updated to completed on Nov 28th.

Reactions: Dreamlad

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Hi,
Are you still outside canada? I am also outside and completed by test on nov 26, 2021. No updates since then. Test status updated to completed on Nov 28th.
I am really worried about them forgetting about me as well. I am outside of Canada and completed my test on April 27th, tracker was updated the next day. I hope I hear something soon and don't get stuck...

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Interview has been done on 23rd march and until now no update
Only test and BG are completed . Everything else remains in process.
Tried to call ircc and spoke to an agent. They said it is still in process yet there is no note on your application that has an issue . You just have to wait to see if they gonna ask you for more info or they will give you DM. But my case after interview has passed more than a month so if it had issues they would have told me.
Im not sure if this is a good sign or not? Im really confused now

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
My todays email to SCR office assoles.

Dear officers,

Why my application is discriminated by delay in processing ? How come 2021 apllicants are getting test invites and attending oaths while 2019 and 2020 apllicants are waiting ? Covid is not a justification for discrimation. If covid is the case all the applications should be delayed. Why you all being arrogance and discriminated my apllication ? I am tring my best to show the fustration and explan to you as I am explaning to a kindergarden student. Totally frustrated.

I request to escalte my case and provide a justification.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
My todays email to SCR office assoles.

Dear officers,

Why my application is discriminated by delay in processing ? How come 2021 apllicants are getting test invites and attending oaths while 2019 and 2020 apllicants are waiting ? Covid is not a justification for discrimation. If covid is the case all the applications should be delayed. Why you all being arrogance and discriminated my apllication ? I am tring my best to show the fustration and explan to you as I am explaning to a kindergarden student. Totally frustrated.

I request to escalte my case and provide a justification.
It s totally discrimination and they are not doing thier job properly. I am applicant march 2019 and until now still in process. Let s email immigration president all together about Scarborough office.

UM TOMI

Oct 19, 2016
This morning, I was lucky enough to talk with an agent. I was told that my passport copies are in the system and they were received in Dec 2021. I am less worried but, still awaiting a response/action/update from the office.
When calling ircc number, what options did you use to reach the citizenship department?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi,
I am really worried about them forgetting about me as well. I am outside of Canada and completed my test on April 27th, tracker was updated the next day. I hope I hear something soon and don't get stuck...
Guys, I'm also outside. The agent told me I CAN take oath outside but I must have legit reason with supporting documents such as doctor's notes.