+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
I think who ever gives test outside Canada, IRCC considers their application as non-routne application which adds extra delay.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5
Not true at all. The link you provided does not list being outside of Canada during your test as a reason for an application to be non-routine.

If you moved out of Canada and have established residence in another country/address and did not disclose that new address during the application process it might be considered as a non-routine. Simply visiting someone while waiting and doing the test from overseas does not make it non-routine.

Furthermore, IRCC and the law state that leaving Canada after the application is submitted is allowed.

Reactions: pal-3

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Not true at all. The link you provided does not list being outside of Canada during your test as a reason for an application to be non-routine.

If you moved out of Canada and have established residence in another country/address and did not disclose that new address during the application process it might be considered as a non-routine. Simply visiting someone while waiting and doing the test from overseas does not make it non-routine.

Furthermore, IRCC and the law state that leaving Canada after the application is submitted is allowed.
I agree it should be like this. I was trying to check if IRCC is doing any extra check for those who have given test outside Canada. It looks like even some people who have given test inside Canada their application is also delayed a lot.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
I applied for GCMS notes and on very first page it says "Primary office: Scarborough" , "Secondary office: GTA-CEN IRCC" and then "Application status Reason: TFR-workload (re)-distribution". I am unable to understand this workload transfer. It would be great if anyone can help on this.
MY GCMS notes says the same on the first two items but my App Status Reason is In Progress, I sent email to scarborough office in April and they replied my application is in queue of the next event (as Language/physical/prohibition checks not yet completed, I'm guessing this next event is interview). I requested GCMS notes twice and the second one shows there is an update on Feb 28 on Paper File History but no details about what kind of update. However, on my tracker, there is no update since Aug 21 after completing my test.

Sounds like your file is transferred to another officer?

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Thanks for sharing ! I applied for the notes a month ago as well and hopefully will get it soon. Did you find the notes helpful for knowing more details?
yes they are you can actually look into the notes what officers have put on your file as well as what all has been completed.

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
MY GCMS notes says the same on the first two items but my App Status Reason is In Progress, I sent email to scarborough office in April and they replied my application is in queue of the next event (as Language/physical/prohibition checks not yet completed, I'm guessing this next event is interview). I requested GCMS notes twice and the second one shows there is an update on Feb 28 on Paper File History but no details about what kind of update. However, on my tracker, there is no update since Aug 21 after completing my test.

Sounds like your file is transferred to another officer?
In my case, There is event specific to online test and it is updated on 15 feb. But I completed the test and it is updated in system(online tracker) on 16th November. So not sure what they updated on 15 Feb.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
In my case, There is event specific to online test and it is updated on 15 feb. But I completed the test and it is updated in system(online tracker) on 16th November. So not sure what they updated on 15 Feb.
There was someone here who was scheduled for the test again after completing it. They are busier making errors and excuses than actual work.

Reactions: write2vicky
May 30, 2017
I had an interview today with the officer..general ID verification and since I had given test from outside Canada she asked when I had left Canada.I asked her by when can I expect to receive oath, she said post interview it takes few weeks to get oath..anyone any idea what is the average number of weeks it takes to receive oath post interview?

mordecai

Dec 1, 2017
App sent: Feb 26 2021
AOR: May 03, 2021
BG: July 20, 2021
Test Schedule: Nov 5 - 25
Test Passed: Nov 8, 2021
Lang, Physical presence,: Jan 29, 2022
Sent an email to SCR office Apr 4th. Got an email that I will be notified when I am schedule
Send a second email Apr 11, got a prositive response I was scheduled for 29th
Ceremony: Apr 29th, 2022
Received Certificate: May 5th , 2022

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
There was someone here who was scheduled for the test again after completing it. They are busier making errors and excuses than actual work.
Lmao that was me. Good thing though that they acknowledged their mistake and withdrew the 2nd invite! But my tracker still show my test status as in progress (they reassured me via email and on the phone that tracker is not updated but my test is completed and error has been rectified). Phew!

Reactions: Jakev

Mleung611

Jun 19, 2019
Had my oath ceremony on April 19, and still waiting for certificate. Online tracker marked everything complete on April 25. Starting to get worried.

Anyone else from April 19 ceremony and still waiting for certificate?

Reactions: summaiya_t

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Wow it looks like the Scarborough office is pretty backlogged. From what I'm seeing, no applications after February 2021 have gotten DM yet? Some August 2021 applicants in other offices have already received their citizenship certificates.

antalya

Jul 4, 2018
I got an email for pasaport copies, but I have already submitted them 6 months ago and verified that they have received them. Anyone experienced this situation?