Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Attended oath ceremony with approx 80 other people this morning. Took an hour and 10 mins, fairly quick and efficient but very underwhelming.

When asked to cut my PR card, I proceeded and then informed my need to travel in the next 25 days. The clerk just shook their head and said that I can only expect my cert in 2-4 weeks, and that passport offices are really busy and overwhelmed, and hope "you haven't booked a ticket" because "chances are it won't happen for you."
Recited the oath, listened to post-ceremony instructions, and left the meeting.

I'm a very practical person, and ofc wasn't expecting a party...realize this is all administrative stuff at the end of the day, just hoops us immigrants have to jump through life. But I can't help feel bitter and resentful at the sort of experience CIC has created for us.

Anyhow...onto the next waiting game.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
On the tracker, I just tried this and it worked:
Change your device date to Apr 10 or before. Log in now, it will let you and give you a correct update on your application.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Does it makes a different to sent email to SCR office about upcoming PR card expiry in order to schedule Oath on soon basis ?

It is been 2.5 months since passed test but no oath yet.
Last December, I tried sending a webform about PR expiry. I don't know whether the issue was forwarded to the SCR office, but I did get scheduled very quickly. Just for reference, maybe the two events are independent.

Reactions: Shmak2017

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Any idea about how a long is taking the passport process when you apply on-site, under an standard request, with no urgency ?

Thank you,
By mail: About 2 months, +/- a few weeks
In person: Anywhere from 4 weeks to 7 weeks

Normal application, with no urgency.

Reactions: asing711

mordecai

Dec 1, 2017
Ok I sent an email to the Scarb office to ask for any open slot for oath and I received a reply that I am schedule for April 25th. Those that got the magic email, when did you see the change in your tracker? Because mine nothing has changed

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I sent an email to the Scarb office to ask for any open slot for oath and I received a reply that I am schedule for April 25th. Those that got the magic email, when did you see the change in your tracker? Because mine nothing has changed
Check tomorrow morning

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse (March 21 applicant) completed oath today at Scarborough office. It took just 1 hour. There were total 75 participants. We asked early Citizenship certificate because of travel plan. Let's see when they send it.

Reactions: RoseDB

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Attended oath ceremony with approx 80 other people on Apr 12. Took an hour and 10 mins, fairly quick and efficient but very underwhelming.

When asked to cut my PR card, I proceeded and then informed my need to travel in the next 25 days. The clerk just shook their head and said that I can only expect my cert in 2-4 weeks, and that passport offices are really busy and overwhelmed, and hope "you haven't booked a ticket" because "chances are it won't happen for you."
Recited the oath, listened to post-ceremony instructions, and left the meeting.

I'm a very practical person, and ofc wasn't expecting a party...realize this is all administrative stuff at the end of the day, just hoops us immigrants have to jump through life. But I can't help feel bitter and resentful at the sort of experience CIC has created for us.

Anyhow...onto the next waiting game.

Fa2

Apr 28, 2021
My spouse (March 21 applicant) completed oath today at Scarborough office. It took just 1 hour. There were total 75 participants. We asked early Citizenship certificate because of travel plan. Let's see when they send it.
I and your spouse did same oath today. I'm april 21 applicants .Hope we can get citizenship certificate soon. I also have plan to travel too. Congrats to your spouse

Reactions: softwaretesting

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Was this in person on on Zoom? Also, what email did you use to ask for early oath.
Thanks!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Was this in person on on Zoom? Also, what email did you use to ask for early oath.
Thanks!
It's all on Zoom now. I think it's the same email address where you get your oath invitation. Are you in a different timezone?

Reactions: Jakke

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Does it makes a different to sent email to SCR office about upcoming PR card expiry in order to schedule Oath on soon basis ?

It is been 2.5 months since passed test but no oath yet.
Yes, do it .
I did and they scheduled my oath, they replied next day .

Thanks,