+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hello everyone I am posting to give 2018 applicants who are waiting some hope.

Scarborough Office
Citizenship Application. 18July 2018
AOR , September 11th 2018
In Process September 14th 2018
No documents was ever requested
Test ready September 2019
Test invite February 2020
Test cancel due to Covid March 2020
Online test started December 2020 nothing happening. I wrote my MP. Citizenship Minister. Contacted the Ottawa Office and Prime Minister. February 2021.
Test invite 17th March 2021. Between 20th March to 8th April.
Test completed on 20th March past 20/20. It was not an easy test all question came from Discover Canada. Online test did not help.
Interview invite 30th March 2021
Interviewed on 13th April. Just verification of documents.
Decision made 13th April the office made decision right after interview.
Oath invitation 15th April 2021
Oath ceremony 23rd April 2021
Online status completed 24th 2021
42 people was sworn in at 10 am.

for everyone waiting keep the faith but also keep pushing your MP. As much as I am happy for Everyone getting there citizenship. The process is not fair. 2018 applicants should not be still waiting in the que. my spouse and myself have no idea why they just had our application sitting there. Every time I called they would say our application it good nothing is needed and we would get our test soon. As you can see it did not happen it’s almost three years of waiting.
Thank you for your posting.. I am a September 2018 applicant and still waiting on a test invite. No extra documents were requested. Every time I call they tell me in process... Almost 3 years and nothing....

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Thank you for your posting.. I am a September 2018 applicant and still waiting on a test invite. No extra documents were requested. Every time I call they tell me in process... Almost 3 years and nothing....
It's time you should increase your follow ups.

I suggest following approach:

1- Follow up with IRCC first, send 2 to 3 web forms in about 1 month time. You would get some moment.
2- If no update and you continue to get boilerplate response, forward that email to Minister of Immigration and request if he can kindly help with processing of application as your application is close to 3 year timelines, which still is 2 years if pandemic time is excluded

I am sure you will get some insight by then. You may want to write to your MP, but I have seen that mostly MP enquiries are not attended as such.

Good luck.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Done with my interview this morning. The official informed me oaths are now fully booked for May and June, so I should expect about 2 months for mine.
Congratulations on your interview. You should be getting DM very soon.

I started to feel that the.pile of DMs will increase and will eventually impact Oath ceremonies. To the best of my own understanding, and having done Oath last Wednesday, Scarborough is actually doing 1 ceremony a day which itself sounds like a very busy schedule. Let's hope that you get.invite for early July ceremony!

Until then relax and enjoy :)

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Congratulations on your interview. You should be getting DM very soon.

I started to feel that the.pile of DMs will increase and will eventually impact Oath ceremonies. To the best of my own understanding, and having done Oath last Wednesday, Scarborough is actually doing 1 ceremony a day which itself sounds like a very busy schedule. Let's hope that you get.invite for early July ceremony!

Until then relax and enjoy :)
Thank you! I totally agree with your observations, also with @BadGamer6 ’s earlier comment about Scarborough actually being active with citizenship applications vs. other offices.

It would be nice to take the oath on Canada Day. ;)

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Thank you! I totally agree with your observations, also with @BadGamer6 ’s earlier comment about Scarborough actually being active with citizenship applications vs. other offices.

It would be nice to take the oath on Canada Day. ;)
Why dont you ask officer to schedule for 1 July 2021 then....I don't see any problem with making this request as you would want to celebrate citizenship on Canada Day :).

Good luck.

Homer79

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
You will get an interview invite so to pass residence and language. When did your testing window ended? Add 1 to 2 weeks for interview call from the end date of testing window. Normally DM is done within few days of the interview.

From DM to Oath, keep 6 to 8 weeks in mind as there seems to be quite a backlog. There are many more DMs at Scarborough then we thought of.

Some data points - Oaths on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the last week:

I took Oath on Wednesday and there were 41 clients in that lot. There were 47 (if I remember correctly) in the Oath administered a day earlier and 38 on the following day. Apparently, it looks like Scarborough is administering Oath almost on daily basis.
Thanks!

Reactions: adey786

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
You will get an interview invite so to pass residence and language. When did your testing window ended? Add 1 to 2 weeks for interview call from the end date of testing window. Normally DM is done within few days of the interview.

From DM to Oath, keep 6 to 8 weeks in mind as there seems to be quite a backlog. There are many more DMs at Scarborough then we thought of.

Some data points - Oaths on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the last week:

I took Oath on Wednesday and there were 41 clients in that lot. There were 47 (if I remember correctly) in the Oath administered a day earlier and 38 on the following day. Apparently, it looks like Scarborough is administering Oath almost on daily basis.
I'd say the oath backlog is around 2-3 months now... it's getting piled up.

Reactions: Vanecenz588

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Actually true!

My wife's colleague case is being processed by Etobicoke and in her interview (gave interview a month ago, she already got DM soon afterwards) she was told to wait until September/October as Oaths will resume once IRCC officers open up later this year.
I'm surprised that Etobicoke is handling citizenship file these days. They didn't use to. I guess it's the heavy inflow that made them send the files there.

Homer79

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
I'd say the oath backlog is around 2-3 months now... it's getting piled up.
Hmmmm. Since the oath ceremony takes about 1 hour (I know my wife and son did it back in October 2020), they can easily do at least 2 oath ceremonies per day to clear the backlog. But we should be lucky that they are doing at least one a day. Slow but steady...

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hmmmm. Since the oath ceremony takes about 1 hour (I know my wife and son did it back in October 2020), they can easily do at least 2 oath ceremonies per day to clear the backlog. But we should be lucky that they are doing at least one a day. Slow but steady...
I think they can but they just don't have the capacity to do - my assumption at least. Someone posted here that had their interview today was told to expect an oath by July at the earliest - and today's May 1. That is a clear backlog..

umeno

Apr 18, 2016
I think they can but they just don't have the capacity to do - my assumption at least. Someone posted here that had their interview today was told to expect an oath by July at the earliest - and today's May 1. That is a clear backlog..
I had an interview today and it did not last more than five minutes.
The agent mentioned that she was not sure but expect June-July timeline.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
It's time you should increase your follow ups.

I suggest following approach:

1- Follow up with IRCC first, send 2 to 3 web forms in about 1 month time. You would get some moment.
2- If no update and you continue to get boilerplate response, forward that email to Minister of Immigration and request if he can kindly help with processing of application as your application is close to 3 year timelines, which still is 2 years if pandemic time is excluded

I am sure you will get some insight by then. You may want to write to your MP, but I have seen that mostly MP enquiries are not attended as such.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Yes. The same situation when test started, everyone was getting interviews, DM and Oaths quickly.

Now with many more tested files in queue, higher number of interviews than before, and higher number of DMs, there is going to be a pile of Oath ready files as well.

I am expecting a little different approach in coming months, particularly beyond July, when most of Ontario will be vaccinated and have at least received first dose, IRCC may instead open offices to administer in person Oaths. I expect August/September will be the likely timefame for in person Oaths. To that end, whilst Scarborough will most likely continue virtual Oaths alongside, Mississauga and other GTA offices will resume larger citizenship ceremonies from September onwards.

All in all, by last quarter of 2021, we will see some glimpse of light with some to the most IRCC offices conducting in person test and Oaths.

Last edited: