Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
I got invited to an interview for Sept 8th, but I am unable to attend as I'm out of the country for an event that is one year in the planning. I have sent them several emails over the last week and another today with proofs given that we are now within the 48hour window. No responses. I really hope they can reschedule my interview for the following week or sometime soon after.

Has anyone else had to reschedule an interview? I have been waiting for this for 2 years so it's so unlucky that this interview has fallen right in the only unmovable time period of the year.
Well annoyingly in my response to them I explained that I have a commitment out of the country and also all my paperwork is at my house in Montreal which I would have to collect. Now they have told me they have cancelled my appointment and transferred my file to the Montreal CIC. I was really hoping I would get an appointment again in a couple of weeks but now I fear I'm at the back of the queue at a different office and it will be months.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Well annoyingly in my response to them I explained that I have a commitment out of the country and also all my paperwork is at my house in Montreal which I would have to collect. Now they have told me they have cancelled my appointment and transferred my file to the Montreal CIC. I was really hoping I would get an appointment again in a couple of weeks but now I fear I'm at the back of the queue at a different office and it will be months.
I applied for Canadian Citizenship through online exactly 1 year ago (September 6, 2021). My Citizenship test status changed to "Completed" more than 4 months ago. There is no update after that. My processing office is Scarborough.

For applicants whose processing office is Scarborough, how long does it take to get oath invitation after completing the citizenship test? Forum members please share your experience.
Did u get Oath invitation?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Please, explain this possibility to have interview + ceremony same day!
Is it true?
And if the interview means: Not a positive decision?
Or 99.9% the interview goes positively?
Please, more info ℹ
I do not have the probability as I said above they "may" offer you to do the ceremony on the same date.
Search several post on tis forum you may see some post where some applicants have been offered to take the Oath on the same date...

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
There is no income requirement for applying for citizenship.
Today was my interview:
1- why u travelled ? Because I needed for vacation & dental work & going to my cousins and friends
2- Watching my diploma, my English classes… ( till grade 12 level) from high school
3- You had been studying not working, who paid your school ( I said: Ontario)
4- I said my plan is to open my business to build something in Canada
5- I live simply life dividing the rent between friends
At the
I do not have the probability as I said above they "may" offer you to do the ceremony on the same date.
Search several post on tis forum you may see some post where some applicants have been offered to take the Oath on the same date...
I should share my experience of today; interview 10 min. Asked why u travelled?
Did u worked ? Did u studied? Because I’m not working in this moment some tricky questions. Who paid your school? ( Ontario- I said & sharing the apartment with friends).
That’s all! Very gentle official!
I offered all my e-tickets & boarding passes in original, to check my physical presence. The official said- No, don’t need!
At the end the official said : can’t give you right now a day of ceremony because I’m going to get a look to your application and contact you later by email for the ceremony.
Did not gave me a Oath’s day. Checked my PR card & ID cards. That’s all!
What do u think??? Did I had been approved- or not?
I am confused!

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Its a +ve sign they "may" offer you to attend the inperson ceremony on the same day as well
Today I saw 2 people having ceremony the same day of interview.
Both of them were applicants of 2018 and took the citizenship test outside of Canada. I can’t declare that everyone was like that - but persons that I met were like that.
I was unlucky, the official said: I’m going to review your application and next step is ceremony ( but NO date)
What do you think?
Does the official give the day of ceremony right away, after interview? Or the day of ceremony comes later by email?
So worried!

prasanna@

Aug 15, 2016
hello, I attended the interview on Sep 1 and they told that I will get an invite for Virtual oath ceremony.
After interview, For myself all status got updated to completed except for ceremony which is "Not started". For kids Prohibitions got updated to completed. for my wife, other than background and test, everything else is in-progress.

we both attended the interview and also signed the Prohibitions form. But for her it is not yet updated. Not sure if I am back to square one.

Meantime I sent an email today morning to DN Cit SCR Scheduling
and they replied saying that,

Dear Applicant:
Thank you for contacting our office. Our records indicate your application is in queue to be scheduled for Canadian Citizenship Ceremony. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Not sure if this is standard reply or they checked and replied. Does anybody know?

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
hello, I attended the interview on Sep 1 and they told that I will get an invite for Virtual oath ceremony.
After interview, For myself all status got updated to completed except for ceremony which is "Not started". For kids Prohibitions got updated to completed. for my wife, other than background and test, everything else is in-progress.

we both attended the interview and also signed the Prohibitions form. But for her it is not yet updated. Not sure if I am back to square one.

Dear Applicant:
Thank you for contacting our office. Our records indicate your application is in queue to be scheduled for Canadian Citizenship Ceremony. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Not sure if this is standard reply or they checked and replied. Does anybody know?
Did the official after interview decided for the day of Oath/ or said you will be informed by email for ceremony.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
He said, I will get an email in 4-6 weeks.
Me, the official said: review documents and emailing after for ceremony.
Is a YES? Or NO!!!
The official had a mask on the face and in distance hard to understand completely what was talking about.
God, give me patience!

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022

Dear Applicant:

Could you give us an idea of what kind of questions they asked you in the interview?

I wonder why some people have it and some don't... Do you think it could be them verifying language abilities or more concerns around your travel movements etc...?

Reactions: Toronto1971

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Today was my interview:
1- why u travelled ? Because I needed for vacation & dental work & going to my cousins and friends
2- Watching my diploma, my English classes… ( till grade 12 level) from high school
3- You had been studying not working, who paid your school ( I said: Ontario)
4- I said my plan is to open my business to build something in Canada
5- I live simply life dividing the rent between friends
At the

I should share my experience of today; interview 10 min. Asked why u travelled?
Did u worked ? Did u studied? Because I’m not working in this moment some tricky questions. Who paid your school? ( Ontario- I said & sharing the apartment with friends).
That’s all! Very gentle official!
I offered all my e-tickets & boarding passes in original, to check my physical presence. The official said- No, don’t need!
At the end the official said : can’t give you right now a day of ceremony because I’m going to get a look to your application and contact you later by email for the ceremony.
Did not gave me a Oath’s day. Checked my PR card & ID cards. That’s all!
What do u think??? Did I had been approved- or not?
I am confused!
Did they verify all your travel or just in the 5 years preceding the citizenship application?

prasanna@

Aug 15, 2016
Could you give us an idea of what kind of questions they asked you in the interview?

I wonder why some people have it and some don't... Do you think it could be them verifying language abilities or more concerns around your travel movements etc...?
They just asked about travel during the 5 years eligibility period.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80