+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Fingerprint need when you are outside the country for 6 months not for all
My background check is completed and as i said fingerprints requires for those people who left the country for 6 months
Wrong. Fingerprints are used for background checks within Canada, they will not be sent to other countries. If you were outside of Canada for over 6 months, you have to get and provide a police certificate from that country yourself.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Wrong. Fingerprints are used for background checks within Canada, they will not be sent to other countries. If you were outside of Canada for over 6 months, you have to get and provide a police certificate from that country yourself.
So what i said! If you been outside the canada for 6 month they need fingerprints if you didn't travel they dont need your fingerprints so read carefully.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Not true. Many people are asked for fingerprints when they have not been outside the country.
Not true. Many people are asked for fingerprints when they have not been outside the country.
If you don't know something don't give wrong information to others. When they asked you for fingerprints it s 2 reason 1-you been outside the country more than 6 months 2- you committed to crime inside the country

Hosey

Apr 30, 2022
If you don't know something don't give wrong information to others. When they asked you for fingerprints it s 2 reason 1-you been outside the country more than 6 months 2- you committed to crime inside the country
Hmmm, I was asked to provide fingerprints. I have not been out of the country for more than 6 'days' nor committed a crime here. These fingerprints were required for them to complete my background check.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
So what i said! If you been outside the canada for 6 month they need fingerprints if you didn't travel they dont need your fingerprints so read carefully.
Indeed, if you don't know something, don't give wrong information, yet you refuse to understand the FACT that YOU are the one spreading misinformation here.

1- If you have been in another country for 183 or more days in a row, you have to provide a police certificate from that country; that country may or may not ask for fingerprints to provide the police certificate. The IRCC will not ask you to provide fingerprints just because you have been in another country for 6 months.
2- When the IRCC asks for fingerprints, it does not mean that you committed a crime in Canada. It means that when they searched your name, someone with a similar name came up in the database, OR they randomly selected you for fingerprints, so you provide fingerprints, and they make sure that you don't have a criminal record that prohibits citizenship. Almost everyone here who had to provide fingerprints did not commit any crimes.

I was outside the country for 10+ months, yet the IRCC did not ask me for fingerprints because being in another country has nothing to do with it.

Now I hope you can stop spreading misinformation.

Reactions: cna110

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Indeed, if you don't know something, don't give wrong information, yet you refuse to understand the FACT that YOU are the one spreading misinformation here.

1- If you have been in another country for 183 or more days in a row, you have to provide a police certificate from that country; that country may or may not ask for fingerprints to provide the police certificate. The IRCC will not ask you to provide fingerprints just because you have been in another country for 6 months.
2- When the IRCC asks for fingerprints, it does not mean that you committed a crime in Canada. It means that when they searched your name, someone with a similar name came up in the database, OR they randomly selected you for fingerprints, so you provide fingerprints, and they make sure that you don't have a criminal record that prohibits citizenship. Almost everyone here who had to provide fingerprints did not commit any crimes.

I was outside the country for 10+ months, yet the IRCC did not ask me for fingerprints because being in another country has nothing to do with it.

Some people just can't distinguish between Assumptions and Facts.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017

You think you are lawyer or work in immigration? Wait and they will ask you fingerprint after one year so don't be exciting that they didn't ask me for fingerprints.
And yes when you commit crime or someone samilar name commit the crime .
You are new and you just applied in 2021 and immigration has a too many cases in 2019 left someone like me applied in march 2019 and every step took me 1 year even citizenship test, copy of passport . Now 1 year passed after test and not finished yet so wait and they will ask you don't rush.

Last edited:

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
You think you are lawyer or work in immigration? Wait and they will ask you fingerprint after one year so don't be exciting that they didn't ask me for fingerprints.
And yes when you commit crime or someone samilar name commit the crime .
You are new and you just applied in 2021 and immigration has a too many cases in 2019 left someone like me applied in march 2019 and every step took me 1 year even citizenship test, copy of passport . Now 1 year passed after test and not finished yet so wait and they will ask you don't rush.
I don't need to be a lawyer to know that you are wrong. There are people here who already got citizenships without providing fingerprints after being outside the country for a long time. Travelling has nothing to do with fingerprint requests. What do you think they are going to do, send my fingerprints to another country and ask them to check it? No, because I already sent them my police certificate from that country AND many countries do not share any information with Canada even if they wanted to do it.

Looks like you applied in March 2019. The reasons you don't have citizenship yet are: 1- your file is likely non-routine 2- Scarborough office is a failure. Not relevant to fingerprints.

Accept that you are wrong and move on.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
I don't need to be a lawyer to know that you are wrong. There are people here who already got citizenships without providing fingerprints after being outside the country for a long time. Travelling has nothing to do with fingerprint requests. What do you think they are going to do, send my fingerprints to another country and ask them to check it? No, because I already sent them my police certificate from that country AND many countries do not share any information with Canada even if they wanted to do it.

Looks like you applied in March 2019. The reasons you don't have citizenship yet are: 1- your file is likely non-routine 2- Scarborough office is a failure. Not relevant to fingerprints.

Accept that you are wrong and move on.
My case is going well with routine and with covid they mess it up eveything and right now they have thousands applicants from 2019 and even 2018.
But when we contact them they said you have to wait because so many applicants waiting before me even.
My friend also was outside canada and they didn't ask fingerprint because he travel with other citizenship!!! But from 2020 IRCC they know who was outside the country even with other passports so system enforced from 2020 and before that they ask randomly for copy of passport even they asked me as well and i submitted in sep 2021

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Any updates for online applicants? This is getting ridiculous at this point when even October paper applicants are getting Oath, while Online applications from May, June are still waiting for updates.

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Any updates for online applicants? This is getting ridiculous at this point when even October paper applicants are getting Oath, while Online applications from May, June are still waiting for updates.
Online August Applicant here, got my BG completed status updated today. So now waiting on Language, Prohibition and Presence and the very important Citi.Ceremony

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
I am a June 9th, 2021 applicant that did the test on April 27th and it was marked completed on April 28th. I had to inform IRCC’s Scarborough office that I am outside Canada. Should I send them an email stating that I am available to return upon request? I am afraid they have forgotten my application and I really need to get my oath done prior to August. I know it’s not in my hands, but would an email help?