Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
When did you appear? and how many members were alongside you? my seat is 115 so looks atleast 115 persons are going to take oath.
Not really sure. But definitely not more than 40

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Good evening everyone,I need your suggestions.
I applied citizenship as urgent with paper application and granted by Scarborough office.it begin processing since 2021 December 8, almost 2month now waiting for background check.
Should I email to them for updates or have to wait?

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
July 2020 applicant here.
All my statuses but the Oath are completed since Dec 17 2021, I sent an e-mail to my office (Scarborough) today and this was the answer:

Thank you for your email. Please be advised we have an inventory of ceremony ready files and all ceremonies have been scheduled up until April 31, 2022. Once you are scheduled for your ceremony, you will receive the Notice to Appear by email 1 week prior to the event.

I'm not sure if I am part of these scheduled cerimonies or not, I guess I'll have to wait 1 week prior the event then.
Can you let me k is the email address if Scarborough office plz?

matgpaula

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the e-mail I sent to the Scarborough office they've scheduled my oath for Feb 12 !!! This was super unexpected!
I just asked in my e-mail if they had any empty spot since I was the only applicant on my file and then I received an answer saying that I was scheduled.
For the ones that are curious I just replied to the same e-mail address that sent my Citizenship test invite and then they replied really quickly.

Last edited:

guy769

Feb 5, 2020
After the e-mail I sent to the Scarborough office they've scheduled my oath for Feb 12 !!! This was super unexpected!
I just asked in my e-mail if they had any empty spot since I was the only applicant on my file and then I received an answer saying that I was scheduled.
For the ones that are curious I just replied to the same e-mail address I received my Citizenship test invite and they replied really quickly.
Can you please share email ID ?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
For the ones that are curious I just replied to the same e-mail address that sent my Citizenship test invite and then they replied really quickly.
That's bananas! Congrats homie. I'm tempted to email myself as we have identical timelines!

Jan 20, 2022
That's bananas! Congrats homie. I'm tempted to email myself as we have identical timelines!
Indeed interesting! I got DM in Nov and scheduled for oath late March. If there are spots available why we have to wait more than 4 months for this? Should we email and ask for reschedule since it seems that they do have empty spots??

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Indeed interesting! I got DM in Nov and scheduled for oath late March. If there are spots available why we have to wait more than 4 months for this? Should we email and ask for reschedule since it seems that they do have empty spots??
I am thinking the same. I have got the same timeline like yours. Got my invitaiton date on first week of OCT and oath date is late march. I am in no rush though just wanted to get over with!

AANS

Sep 20, 2021
Hi guys,
when did you'll have the DM update? was it in couple days after the tabs were all completed or on the same day etc ?
Thanks

khemistry

Nov 1, 2021
What's the timeline for the Oath once everything is completed on your tracker? or how fast did you received an invitation for the Oath?

I applied in Feb/2019. Got my interview this week and everything is updated on my tracker the next day except of course for the Oath.

Reactions: totosky

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
Does it mean now they are allowing oath from outside ?

totosky

Dec 31, 2021
What's the timeline for the Oath once everything is completed on your tracker? or how fast did you received an invitation for the Oath?

I applied in Feb/2019. Got my interview this week and everything is updated on my tracker the next day except of course for the Oath.
Hey Khemistry,
When did you complete the test? did they ask you PP copies?