+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC response to the protests

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
See answers in the quote
If these are actual answers from Ministers and mps, these answers are wholly unacceptable and the government should be embarrassed. The lack of even numbers to estimate what's going on shows serious lack of capacity to govern.

This is why I said in my first post - take these answers to the opposition, journalists, advocacy groups. Answers from government party mps and Ministers should not be so entirely lacking in content.

Do you have a written or other source for these answers, or are they your own paraphrasing?

Reactions: mlei9569

Helena2

Mar 23, 2020
If these are actual answers from Ministers and mps, these answers are wholly unacceptable and the government should be embarrassed. The lack of even numbers to estimate what's going on shows serious lack of capacity to govern.

This is why I said in my first post - take these answers to the opposition, journalists, advocacy groups. Answers from government party mps and Ministers should not be so entirely lacking in content.

Do you have a written or other source for these answers, or are they your own paraphrasing?
Go to Facebook page: spousal applicants affected by Covid-19. They posted MPs letters, ect...

hero no 1

Apr 18, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
They have a choice. To try to protect those in Canada and the Canadian economy or to allow a large number people to enter Canada to reunite with their spouses. Many of the planes currently entering Canada have arrived with people with covid patients which then potentially exposed others. The government has much more incentive to protect the current status in Canada after many months. Many families have not even crossed the 1 year that is the goal for approval.
Nonsense comment

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nonsense comment
Not nonsense not letting people into the country is basic public health principles. Keep as many people out and stabilize the disease in your country. Unfortunayely not everyone understands or respects the 14 day quarantine. The government needed to make some compromises due to economy and the right for citizens and PRs to return to Canada. Canada did allow a limited amount of visitors like parents (which I don’t personally agree with) but I think this was really to provide childcare when schools and daycare were closed. Same thing as select workers like farm workers because most Canadians quit after a day (I have friends who are farmers) and the lack of farmworkers would have lead to more pain for Canadians with higher food prices.

Reactions: Teepayne

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
They should stop accepting and processing immigration applications under economy class until this situation with covid is stabilized around the world. They should be prioritizing families now. These economic immigrants arrive in the country and placed on quarantine at tax payers expense! And if they can't find jobs given higher unemployment rate they will be on social assistance, again at the expense of us taxpayers. They should stop accepting applications under economic class until at least they they clear backlog of existing ones

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They should stop accepting and processing immigration applications under economy class until this situation with covid is stabilized around the world. They should be prioritizing families now. These economic immigrants arrive in the country and placed on quarantine at tax payers expense! And if they can't find jobs given higher unemployment rate they will be on social assistance, again at the expense of us taxpayers. They should stop accepting applications under economic class until at least they they clear backlog of existing ones
Totally agree that there is NO reason we should be paying for. Quarantine. Such a joke that a new PR had to show POF yet we put him up in quarantine:rolleyes::mad: Like Australia we should be charging and those who don’t arrange should be sent where homeless people are being quarantined. All these people can also call the same delivery services as those who are paying for their own quarantine are required to use. Restarting the economy is a very important issue. Your families comfort in Canada depends on restarting the economy so if there are workers that are entering who are in demand skills that is actually a key to restarting the economy. Only a small fraction of new PRs and almost no WP holders can actually enter. Many spousal sponsorships don’t result in skilled workers entering Canada since there are no education requirements. There are also couples where one spouse has no intention of working. If people are on CERB and don’t have a lot of savings bringing a spouse may also push them over the edge and as soon as the spouse arrives they may be planning on applying for social assistance.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Totally agree that there is NO reason we should be paying for. Quarantine. Such a joke that a new PR had to show POF yet we put him up in quarantine:rolleyes::mad: Like Australia we should be charging and those who don’t arrange should be sent where homeless people are being quarantined. All these people can also call the same delivery services as those who are paying for their own quarantine are required to use. Restarting the economy is a very important issue. Your families comfort in Canada depends on restarting the economy so if there are workers that are entering who are in demand skills that is actually a key to restarting the economy. Only a small fraction of new PRs and almost no WP holders can actually enter. Many spousal sponsorships don’t result in skilled workers entering Canada since there are no education requirements. There are also couples where one spouse has no intention of working. If people are on CERB and don’t have a lot of savings bringing a spouse may also push them over the edge and as soon as the spouse arrives they may be planning on applying for social assistance.
I personally didn't miss a day or even hour from work since the start of this pandemic. If my wife comes , she will be financially dependent on me and wouldn't have to quarantine at someone else's expense

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I personally didn't miss a day or even hour from work since the start of this pandemic. If my wife comes , she will be financially dependent on me and wouldn't have to quarantine at someone else's expense
are you a truck driver?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The CBC news article you attached reports a recently arrived immigrant said ' the experience made him feel welcome in Canada and well taken care of. The experience has motivated him to give back, he said, and happy to pay his taxes to the government to help cover the costs. '
:D:D:D:D
“ Happy to pay his taxes” ? If he’s just paying his taxes , like I repeat everyone else is required to , he’s not paying the amount it cost to keep him in quarantine. That figure would be extra . Funny, I don’t remember reading anything about that person offering to pay that quarantine bill immediately. I’m sure that hotel would of accepted all major credit cards , and correct me if I’m wrong , but aren’t new PR arrivals supposed to have POF when they arrive here ? I must have missed that important bit of information
But I guess it’s the thought that counts , except thoughts don’t pay the bills , at least to my knowledge
Guess when I file my taxes , and if I owe something , I’ll just send a nice thought to the CRA. See if that’ll suffice
But nice that the person is happy to pay his taxes . I gotta find this country or countries where people come from that don’t pay any taxes , or feel it’s a special thing to do once they get here
Think maybe I’ll send a message to CBC and ask if they can do a investigative story on that .

Last edited: