+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC response to the protests

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
In response to the protests, the IRCC said it is continuing to accept and process applications and will "find an innovative and compassionate way to reunite families," while respecting public health guidelines. What are your guys thoughts on that? Maybe they will make us re-send the application, but now electronically?

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
In response to the protests, the IRCC said it is continuing to accept and process applications and will "find an innovative and compassionate way to reunite families," while respecting public health guidelines. What are your guys thoughts on that? Maybe they will make us re-send the application, but now electronically?
Where did you get this update?

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
They should also give everyone a pony. It ain't gonna happen.
As true as that may be, IRCC should face some pressure. It's unfathomable to me that their response to this problem has been "do nothing." We aren't even talking about due process, here. We are talking about *starting* the process.

I don't understand why they don't allow for open work permits with outland like they do inland. That seems like it would be a *very* elegant solution.

I think that it's beneficial to speak about what they should do against what they will do.

Reactions: VJ2012 and dof13

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
They should also give everyone a pony. It ain't gonna happen.
A " Pony " Hahaha... Too much maintenance. A BMW/Benz would suffice over the term.
Then face some pressure to move forward.

I think IRCC's response to the protests is typical spin doctor wording that doesn't help anyone.
How long will it take for them to "find an innovative and compassionate way to reunite families"?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As true as that may be, IRCC should face some pressure. It's unfathomable to me that their response to this problem has been "do nothing." We aren't even talking about due process, here. We are talking about *starting* the process.
I think that it's beneficial to speak about what they should do against what they will do.
I'm saying I think the specific demand of TRVs for everyone is delusional and harmful, as that has no chance of getting accepted; it would run counter to direct government requirements (under law) to check visitors and keep borders under some control.

Sure, speak about what they should do - but in my mind, no sense making demands for things they cannot do.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
I am absolutely fine submitting application again electronically. We already have the supporting docs, so won’t mind at all. But only if it makes things quicker.

Reactions: Toby2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I don't understand why they don't allow for open work permits with outland like they do inland. That seems like it would be a *very* elegant solution.

They have a choice. To try to protect those in Canada and the Canadian economy or to allow a large number people to enter Canada to reunite with their spouses. Many of the planes currently entering Canada have arrived with people with covid patients which then potentially exposed others. The government has much more incentive to protect the current status in Canada after many months. Many families have not even crossed the 1 year that is the goal for approval.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
They have a choice. To try to protect those in Canada and the Canadian economy or to allow a large number people to enter Canada to reunite with their spouses. Many of the planes currently entering Canada have arrived with people with covid patients which then potentially exposed others. The government has much more incentive to protect the current status in Canada after many months. Many families have not even crossed the 1 year that is the goal for approval.
Ok, so shut the borders to International students, Express Entry workers, Mexican Migrants and Unites States spouses.
People on airplanes that came on airplanes obviously weren't tested for Covid before boarding- a IR thermometer test isn't an effective measure, most people with Covid are asymptomatic.
Ok, so we should stay quiet until we're all at the 12 month mark with no updates, great idea.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
We are not asking IRCC to finalize our apps. We are asking then to simply START the process. The whole process will take one year or longer, COVID will be fully controlled by that time. Anyways, that’s my opinion at least.

Reactions: singleman