+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC response to my follow up email.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Okaaay, I reached out to IRCC for updates on my application status since it’s a complete application but I got the below response:

“ Dear xxxx,

Starting October 20, 2020, travel of asymptomatic international students who have the appropriate documents to enter Canada and whose DLI is on the list of institutions with approved COVID-19 readiness plans in place will be considered to be non-discretionary and non-optional, unless there is evidence that they are clearly coming to Canada for a discretionary or optional purpose, such as tourism.

We will be contacting students once the new list of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans is available.

You can find out more about this on:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-international-students.html

Kind Regards, “

That being said, I am now under the impression that they will only process study permits for those who are enrolled at colleges/unis with an approved readiness plans or else why the wait! Please let me know if you tried following up and had a different experience/response?

Thanks!

Reactions: proceso

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Okaaay, I reached out to IRCC for updates on my application status since it’s a complete application but I got the below response:

“ Dear xxxx,

Starting October 20, 2020, travel of asymptomatic international students who have the appropriate documents to enter Canada and whose DLI is on the list of institutions with approved COVID-19 readiness plans in place will be considered to be non-discretionary and non-optional, unless there is evidence that they are clearly coming to Canada for a discretionary or optional purpose, such as tourism.

We will be contacting students once the new list of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans is available.

You can find out more about this on:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-international-students.html

Kind Regards, “

That being said, I am now under the impression that they will only process study permits for those who are enrolled at colleges/unis with an approved readiness plans or else why the wait! Please let me know if you tried following up and had a different experience/response?

Thanks!
I wonder what they mean by “contacting students”... weird COVID time

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
How is the IRCC contacting applicants a weird thing?

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Did you ask IRCC through the webform?
Not exactly. I emailed the immigration office my application is being processed at, I have their email address since I raised a web form once before abd was connected with them via email.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
“Contacting students” is not weird and that’s not my point. We are all waiting for IRCC to contact us now whether via email or our GCKey profiles. My point is that we are not going to hear from them before that approved the list of DLI with approved readiness plan is released.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Can someone please lock me out from this forum till 20th :D
I hear ya! Also, I am happy to wait till 27th if I was sure that my college has an approved readiness plan but I am not and them not responding to my email is not helping with the anxiety.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
I hear ya! Also, I am happy to wait till 27th if I was sure that my college has an approved readiness plan but I am not and them not responding to my email is not helping with the anxiety.
I know my college is on the list. They had this plan for a while now to even welcome students who'd approval before 18th March. They again sent emails after this 20th oct announcement that we have approved covid readiness plan. But believe me knowing it doesn't help . It's a loop xD best way is to be patient. Because even after that you'd be like, is it guaranteed that ircc will send ppr after that or is it just for fall 2020 students who have started studying online? I'm not sure. (That's me right now). Let's just wait xD

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I know my college is on the list. They had this plan for a while now to even welcome students who'd approval before 18th March. They again sent emails after this 20th oct announcement that we have approved covid readiness plan. But believe me knowing it doesn't help . It's a loop xD best way is to be patient. Because even after that you'd be like, is it guaranteed that ircc will send ppr after that or is it just for fall 2020 students who have started studying online? I'm not sure. (That's me right now). Let's just wait xD

Not too sure about which colleges are gonna be on the list, here things are getting worse.
In ON and MB specially, lockdowns are rolling back gradually.