+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC requested fingerprints for criminal record check - Police vs accredited companies?

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Hi all,

I have to get my fingerprints taken for my PR application. I have a question:

Why would someone go for a private accredited place to have fingerprints taken compared to the police?

Here in Winnipeg, only the downtown police headquarter will do it other than private companies, and the police HQ only does it from 12:30 to 3:30 or something, which is within my work time of course. So I called one of the accredited companies, and they do it from 8:00 to 5:00 or something like that but I was only able to book it for next week at1:30. Which is the same situation as the hours at police HQ. But for the accredited place, I need to pay a fee $73.50 because they're a private company.

So..why would some people do the fingerprinting at accredited companies, rather than police HQ? For me, I thought I would be able to book at 8 or 9am, but unfortunately no.

Do private companies process faster? If this is one of the reasons, I'll be happy to go there.

Thanks.

allawi

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I've had mine taken at my local police station in Ontario. The process was very fast and the results were sent the same day to RCMP. So no, private companies do not process it faster, it's just a second option.