+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC portal - Sorry, a system operation failed

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Guys I reapplied and got no error message. And submitted webform to withdraw old application. I suggest everyone to do the same . I didn’t change email or anything applied using same portal. Good luck
Did you pay again?

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Yes, i will request a refund on my old receipt later.
Actually, i called ircc again and the agent told me that my payment receipt is not attached to any application. Thats what tells us that our application went null. We have to apply again and request for refund on the receipt.

May 5, 2023
Yes, i will request a refund on my old receipt later.
actually i have searched about the refund , tried but there is no option of receipts shown in refund request link when i tried to login for refund...

when we can expect to see the option of previous paid application under refund request portal...

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
I guess we have to call them and ask them what to do. Because our receipts are not attached to any application thatswhy maybe there is no option of receipt. I would suggest to call them. I am gonna do it after i got approval. Because I don’t wanna mistakenly get refund of current application.

adnanamin

May 6, 2023
I was facing the same scenario (error). I filled my application on 1st May 2023 but there was no update till date. I filled my case again today and paid the visa fee again and within no time i got the Payment and Document Submission Confirmation Letter.

I would recommend you guys do the same to avoid the systemic delays or long pipelines. This forum helped me alot. Thanks

Reactions: nrmn973

kassakorn2568

May 8, 2023
I talked to ircc agent she suggested to raise a webform . So Guys please raise the webform. So that they know multiple people having this issue. I have already sent one from my side. This is the link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Hello, now I want to know if you solved the problem. Did you request a refund by submitting a webform and did they reply back to you? What do you do next?
Now I'm having the same problem. and tried to reapply, I still got the same problem. Going to apply for the 3rd time but I still haven't got my money back.

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Hello, now I want to know if you solved the problem. Did you request a refund by submitting a webform and did they reply back to you? What do you do next?
Now I'm having the same problem. and tried to reapply, I still got the same problem. Going to apply for the 3rd time but I still haven't got my money back.
My old file received submission emails as well. I would suggest not to submit the 3rd file as they are processing and getting rid of the errors. I never received any email for 1st withdrawal, i heard it takes some time for withdrawal as well. And after its successfully withdrawed then u ll receive ur refund

ChhVil2301

Oct 18, 2021
hi, can anyone help please! my parents are travelling to USA to stay with my brother in a week, i plan to apply for their Canada tourist visa while they are in USA. they will be in USA for 5 months and will visit me after their USA stay. we initially planned to apply for their Canada visa from India but my mother injured her shoulder and had a surgery. so, she could not leave the house until her recovery period. they have visited both USA and Canada multiple times.

can i apply for their visa via new ircc portal? i did start the application and got really confused when it said current residential address ( filled USA address) and then ask same as mailing address. i believe it should be same ? really having a dumb moment here! what if their biometric request goes to Indian office. can you help me?

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
hi, can anyone help please! my parents are travelling to USA to stay with my brother in a week, i plan to apply for their Canada tourist visa while they are in USA. they will be in USA for 5 months and will visit me after their USA stay. we initially planned to apply for their Canada visa from India but my mother injured her shoulder and had a surgery. so, she could not leave the house until her recovery period. they have visited both USA and Canada multiple times.

can i apply for their visa via new ircc portal? i did start the application and got really confused when it said current residential address ( filled USA address) and then ask same as mailing address. i believe it should be same ? really having a dumb moment here! what if their biometric request goes to Indian office. can you help me?
If she is currently in USA. Both should be same.