+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC PORTAL AND GIC Secure Account

gorick

Aug 28, 2023
Hi,
I applied for a visitor visa on August 7. I still have not received any updates. I applied from the IRCC portal and for a query I submitted a web form today (28 August, and in the reply it said we encourage applicants to create a MY CIC ACCOUNT. Should I create my cic (GCKEY) account as well? I don't know what to do. Is it compulsory or something? Also, what is the normal processing time for a visitor visa application? Your help would mean a lot to me.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
no need to create another account. Just keep on monitoring your portal account would be fine.
it is useless to contact IRCC in the hope of expediting processing.
just wait and get your results in due course

gorick

Aug 28, 2023
no need to create another account. Just keep on monitoring your portal account would be fine.
it is useless to contact IRCC in the hope of expediting processing.
just wait and get your results in due course
Thank you for the response and better clarification, Also do you have any estimation on processing time?

gorick

Aug 28, 2023
So based on processing times of today not when you submitted so all you can do is wait.
Also in the application, I said my visit will be around one month from 20 Sep to 20 Oct. However, according to the recent processing time, this will conflict, if I knew processing time would change every week, then I would have mentioned my stay date accordingly, do you think this will affect my application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also in the application, I said my visit will be around one month from 20 Sep to 20 Oct. However, according to the recent processing time, this will conflict, if I knew processing time would change every week, then I would have mentioned my stay date accordingly, do you think this will affect my application?
No. IRCC really doesn’t care about travel times. It is the strength of your application - funds, travel history, ties, reasons for visit.

gorick

Aug 28, 2023
No. IRCC really doesn’t care about travel times. It is the strength of your application - funds, travel history, ties, reasons for visit.
Other things are okay but a reason to visit also was in between the mentioned date.