+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Permanent residency confirmation email

Tahmid55

Jun 11, 2023
Hi there,

i have have got this email today and requesting me to provide these following info. However I am in Canada but spouse never been in canada before but shes in the application. What should I reply for her in this case. Should I just type N/A for date of entry and other things for her? Thank you

Name as it appears on your passport:
 Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Current residential address (apt #, street #, street name, city, province, postal
code) :
 Personal phone number:
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

i have have got this email today and requesting me to provide these following info. However I am in Canada but spouse never been in canada before but shes in the application. What should I reply for her in this case. Should I just type N/A for date of entry and other things for her? Thank you

Name as it appears on your passport:
 Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Current residential address (apt #, street #, street name, city, province, postal
code) :
 Personal phone number:
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:
Believe this is only for the primary applicant but you can clarify that your spouse is abroad.

Tahmid55

Jun 11, 2023
Believe this is only for the primary applicant but you can clarify that your spouse is abroad.
Thank you for your reply. I got an email to submit passport for spouse. Also told me to submit webform mentioning im in Canada. But When I select permanent residence its only giving me express entry option. There is no PNP option unless i choose applied by mail. Do you know what to do? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I got an email to submit passport for spouse. Also told me to submit webform mentioning im in Canada. But When I select permanent residence its only giving me express entry option. There is no PNP option unless i choose applied by mail. Do you know what to do? Thanks
Express entry is the umbrella term there no need to specify PNP. Have you and your spouse kept your addresses updated to indicate that you are in Canada and have a Canadian residential address and mailing address but your spouse has a residential and mailing address in her home country? IRCC seems to be under impression that tots spouse has joined you in Canada. You will need to clarify that your spouse is abroad. A long as you land in Canada first your spouse can then get her passport stamped and come to Canada and land after you.

Tahmid55

Jun 11, 2023
Express entry is the umbrella term there no need to specify PNP. Have you and your spouse kept your addresses updated to indicate that you are in Canada and have a Canadian residential address and mailing address but your spouse has a residential and mailing address in her home country? IRCC seems to be under impression that tots spouse has joined you in Canada. You will need to clarify that your spouse is abroad. A long as you land in Canada first your spouse can then get her passport stamped and come to Canada and land after you.
Yeah I did clarify it in my previous email. And thats why I got this new email for her to submit her passport in abroad and email mentioned as well Ircc will contact me for the Copr as I am in canada. Btw I appreciate your response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah I did clarify it in my previous email. And thats why I got this new email for her to submit her passport in abroad and email mentioned as well Ircc will contact me for the Copr as I am in canada. Btw I appreciate your response
You will actually get an email with virtual landing completed not just COPR. May take a few weeks The application your PR card will be completed after your virtual landing. Your spouse needs to wait until you receive your virtual landing before they come to Canada with their COPR to land.