+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email Scam or malfunction?

fallenfate

Aug 21, 2021
Hi all, I got an initial email to reply to then get credentials for the portal. It seems pretty legit based on what I read online. However, my actual PR application in the CIC portal was not updated to say approved or anything that indicates that I was approved. Is this normal or is something odd here?

Based on what I read online it sounds like I'm supposed to be approved first (which I'd expect get's updated in the CIC portal) and then I'd get the emails to join the IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal.

Perhaps I was approved and there's some delay with updating the online portal or something? Anyone with a similar experience or understanding of how this part works? Should I be celebrating?

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi there, any luck yet. I just recieved one for my son's PR application and like you the status on the portal didnt change.

fallenfate

Aug 21, 2021
Hi there, yup everything worked out on our end. It seems that the application in the cic portal only updates after you take the steps to confirm your info in the new confirmation of pr portal. So once you get an invitation to the ircc confirmation of pr portal you’ll just have to follow that process through, but it’s a good sign and not a scam or malfunction

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Thanks for the confirmation. How long did it take for you to get the eCOPR ? I had applied for my child and we got the email for confirmation portal 2 days back and we submitted the declaration, address and photograph right away, wondering when we can expect to see an eCOPR for download.