+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal CEC Outland

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Hi all,

I am a CEC outland applicant and received a IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email on August 4th 2021. Does this mean my PR has been approved and I just need to wait for the COPR?

Thank you.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hey, what's your AOR? And which country were you in when you submitted your application?

Last edited:

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi all,

I am a CEC outland applicant and received a IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email on August 4th 2021. Does this mean my PR has been approved and I just need to wait for the COPR?

Thank you.
Have you ever reported being in Canada since you submitted your AOR?
What is the portal email asking you ? Or what do the instructions say ?

Shahbazali

Jul 18, 2017
Hi all,

Thank you.
Hey buddy congrats, whats your AOR.

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
Hi all,

Thank you.
Did IRCC know you were living outside of Canada. My friend got the same a few months back but the IRCC thought he was still in Canada even after emailing them a good few times to say he wasn't. I'd say check to make sure but still positive news.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Hi guys! Sorry to have gotten CEC outland applicants hopes high. After replying and they realized I was outland, they just told me to wait. My AOR is April 6th 2021

kumar-ca

Feb 14, 2021
Hi guys! Sorry to have gotten CEC outland applicants hopes high. After replying and they realized I was outland, they just told me to wait. My AOR is April 6th 2021
Hi , My AOR is Mar 12th ,CEC Outland. I got the same request today .

what did you do in this case ?
did you just reply saying I am currently living outside Canada ?

response would be appreciated , thank you.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Yes I provided the details they required and also informed them that my dependents and I are out of the country. Thats when they replied and told me wait. And reply back again once I am in the country. Although how I am to get into the country without the COPR, I don't know.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Yes I provided the details they required and also informed them that my dependents and I are out of the country. Thats when they replied and told me wait. And reply back again once I am in the country. Although how I am to get into the country without the COPR, I don't know.
Hey! did you receive a PDF with your email saying "Your application of Permenant residency has been approved" ?

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
No mine said "We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada." But I called IRCC and they told me everything is passed so I know its approved.

Last edited:

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

As you can see above, IRCC told me to inform them when I am in the country "Please notify IRCC upon your return to Canada." I don't have a valid Canadian visa at the moment so I have to wait for PPR and COPR.

However, I am seeing another CEC outlander got a different reply https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-outside-canada.741768/post-9633067 where they are told
"Please let us know when you are back in Canada, so that your PR application can be processed.
Alternatively, if you are to remain overseas for many months, we can transfer your file to the local mission for finalization and COPR issuance. Please advise."

Do you think I should reply back and ask them to transfer my file or this an automatic thing? Please advice. Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

As you can see above, IRCC told me to inform them when I am in the country "Please notify IRCC upon your return to Canada." I don't have a valid Canadian visa at the moment so I have to wait for PPR and COPR.

However, I am seeing another CEC outlander got a different reply https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-outside-canada.741768/post-9633067 where they are told
"Please let us know when you are back in Canada, so that your PR application can be processed.
Alternatively, if you are to remain overseas for many months, we can transfer your file to the local mission for finalization and COPR issuance. Please advise."

Do you think I should reply back and ask them to transfer my file or this an automatic thing? Please advice. Thank you!
If you do not intend to return to Canada or do not have a visa to come back, you have to expressly inform IRCC of it and also update your address on file.

This way IRCC will send you the PPR and the instructions based on the country you are residing in.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
If you do not intend to return to Canada or do not have a visa to come back, you have to expressly inform IRCC of it and also update your address on file.

This way IRCC will send you the PPR and the instructions based on the country you are residing in.
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, even if from the start of my application I had stated I was out of the country, I still need to ask them to transfer the file?

If so, which is the best way to inform them Webform or calling them? And does it take a while to transfer the file?

Thank you.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, even if from the start of my application I had stated I was out of the country, I still need to ask them to transfer the file?

If so, which is the best way to inform them Webform or calling them? And does it take a while to transfer the file?

Thank you.
Also if the file is already approved, the visa office in my country just needs to issue the PPR and COPR right? Or do they go through the file again? Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thank you.
The file is not transferred. The processing of the file can happen anywhere across the IRCC network. However, based on your address on file, and your country of residence how the PPR / COPR is issued varies.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

If you have change your country of residence, you have to inform IRCC and update your most recent address.