+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC on Strike

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very sad news that IRCC on Strike
I don't know how long this strike will last.
Nobody knows how long the strike will last. Workers have the right to strike peacefully in Canada for better wages, working conditions, etc. so most in Canada will encounter some level of service disruption.

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
Nobody knows how long the strike will last. Workers have the right to strike peacefully in Canada for better wages, working conditions, etc. so most in Canada will encounter some level of service disruption.
The collective agreement for any union usually has guiding rules that ensure that the public are not crushed between the employer and the union, some of the applicants have true emergencies and there are a lot of people stranded with urgent service's needs.

while the unions have the rights to strike indeed in a free Canada, they do not have the right to impact the wellbeing of citizens, the incompetency of the individuals at the employer's side is overwhelming to have approved such a collective agreement to allow critical services to come to a halt in a developed country like Canada, this is unacceptable.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The collective agreement for any union usually has guiding rules that ensure that the public are not crushed between the employer and the union, some of the applicants have true emergencies and there are a lot of people stranded with urgent service's needs.

while the unions have the rights to strike indeed in a free Canada, they do not have the right to impact the wellbeing of citizens, the incompetency of the individuals at the employer's side is overwhelming to have approved such a collective agreement to allow critical services to come to a halt in a developed country like Canada, this is unacceptable.
They also have rights to improved welfare...Most contracts expired since 2020/21, Employers had 2years to avoid this and CBA stipulates steps until voting to strike, its within their right. On other hand, Government can chose to invoke notwithstanding clause if they wish to force them back to work...[suppressing workers rights]

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
They also have rights to improved welfare...Most contracts expired since 2020/21, Employers had 2years to avoid this and CBA stipulates steps until voting to strike, its within their right. On other hand, Government can chose to invoke notwithstanding clause if they wish to force them back to work...[suppressing workers rights]
I'm not disagreeing with you, and I do not agree with the draconian "notwithstanding" .

My only point is that there has to be a way to resuce the impact on the tax payers that are eventually funding both sides.There are people with critical situations even that are not getting any help regardless what both conflicting parties say that "essentials" are running. I personally know someone with a critical health thatbis sufferint as an implications. Demanding rights i'm in for but with empathy and ethics not politics of unions and governments. At the end of the daybthe true stake holder is the tax payer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

There are still emergency services being offered.