+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC made error what do I do?

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
Hi All I’m applying for family sponsorship common law. My son is already a Canadian citizen And I uploaded his certificate of citizenship in the original application. But today I got a medical request for myself and for him. They’ve also given him a UCI number but he is already canadian! Impossible to speak to anyone on the phone. Do I submit a webform or send a letter to central processing that was on the medical email? Or both?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All I’m applying for family sponsorship common law. My son is already a Canadian citizen And I uploaded his certificate of citizenship in the original application. But today I got a medical request for myself and for him. They’ve also given him a UCI number but he is already canadian! Impossible to speak to anyone on the phone. Do I submit a webform or send a letter to central processing that was on the medical email? Or both?
Sure, try both. Include a copy of ctizenship certificate just in case.

Don't worry, this isn't that big a deal, it happens and gets fixed just this way.

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
The same thing has happened to us recently. Our son is a Canadian citizen and was suddenly added to the Sponsorship application (where only COPR remained) and a medical request has been recieved. What did you end up doing? Webform/letter or both?

We've submitted a webform so far. Have also called but the person I talked to seemed clueless to the process. :rolleyes:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The same thing has happened to us recently. Our son is a Canadian citizen and was suddenly added to the Sponsorship application (where only COPR remained) and a medical request has been recieved. What did you end up doing? Webform/letter or both?

We've submitted a webform so far. Have also called but the person I talked to seemed clueless to the process. :rolleyes:
Do the webform but go ahead and reserve the medical for the family members how are not citizens, and go ahead and do that. It may take them weeks to get back and no point waiting, it's a clear error.

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
Yes we sent in a web form but made an appt to get the medical done for son because I think it will take forever to get them to fix the mistake. There is a part in the instructions that says all kids get a medical whether they are coming with you or not, so perhaps they’ve changed the rules so all kids have to do it? It’s frustrating that its so vague. Waste of money but we can’t delay processing any longer than it already is.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes we sent in a web form but made an appt to get the medical done for son because I think it will take forever to get them to fix the mistake. There is a part in the instructions that says all kids get a medical whether they are coming with you or not, so perhaps they’ve changed the rules so all kids have to do it? It’s frustrating that its so vague. Waste of money but we can’t delay processing any longer than it already is.
No, citizens do not have to do it. Before usually the error was from the applicants, including on the IMM008 form, but now they have changed the instructions so it's unclear (or wrong).

It's up to you. It is a waste of money as definitely not needed (they CANNOT make entry to Canada a condition for a citizen). And I don't think it should take that long, but ... it's up to you.

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
Do the webform but go ahead and reserve the medical for the family members how are not citizens, and go ahead and do that. It may take them weeks to get back and no point waiting, it's a clear error.
Yes already sent the webform, so hopefully it will be cleared up soon!

You see, my own medical has already been requested (end of July), done and completed in August. I have all steps completed in fact, I was just waiting for Decision Made and COPR/portal invite.

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
No, citizens do not have to do it. Before usually the error was from the applicants, including on the IMM008 form, but now they have changed the instructions so it's unclear (or wrong).

It's up to you. It is a waste of money as definitely not needed (they CANNOT make entry to Canada a condition for a citizen). And I don't think it should take that long, but ... it's up to you.
So interestingly I was in contact again with IRCC and managed to get through to someone that actually checked with the case officers (I was on hold while she checked up), and they still wants the medical for the child (who is Canadian).
So ok, we'll comply, no problem... Medical is booked and even the medical centre was surprised when they got a Canadian passport to verify his identity :rolleyes:.... yeah... 300$ for a 15 minute toddler check (no need for urine, blood or x-ray when that young) and more paperwork for the IRCC to work with, excellent :eek::p

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So interestingly I was in contact again with IRCC and managed to get through to someone that actually checked with the case officers (I was on hold while she checked up), and they still wants the medical for the child (who is Canadian).
So ok, we'll comply, no problem...
I would have complained and would suggest you complain to your MP. Both because they absolutely should NOT be requiring this of Canadian citiziens, but also to help others, because IRCC keeps asking for these and the procedures should not do so - and it causes delays and costs money to everyone.

There really should be an explanation why the officer 'wants' the med checkup for a citizen - and again, it is not a question of what the officer 'wants', but what the procedures require in this case.

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
So ok, we'll comply, no problem... Medical is booked and even the medical centre was surprised when they got a Canadian passport to verify his identity :rolleyes:.... yeah... 300$ for a 15 minute toddler check (no need for urine, blood or x-ray when that young) and more paperwork for the IRCC to work with, excellent :eek::p
Thank you so much for posting this, it is odd isn’t it? I think it must be a new policy and of course they don’t communicate it adequately. My son is 11 so we have to do the X-ray part as well but no bloods thank goodness. He’s scheduled for tomorrow. It took us 5 months just to get the AOR so I can’t risk any more delays! Amazing that you managed to speak to someone, I tried 25 times and got no answer lol. Grateful for your info!

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
Thank you so much for posting this, it is odd isn’t it? I think it must be a new policy and of course they don’t communicate it adequately. My son is 11 so we have to do the X-ray part as well but no bloods thank goodness. He’s scheduled for tomorrow. It took us 5 months just to get the AOR so I can’t risk any more delays! Amazing that you managed to speak to someone, I tried 25 times and got no answer lol. Grateful for your info!
Is your child a dual citizen? Mine is so perhaps that’s why? He only got his citizenship papers about 3 years ago.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is your child a dual citizen? Mine is so perhaps that’s why? He only got his citizenship papers about 3 years ago.
dual citizenship is irrelevant, a dual citizen IS a citizen of Canada, period, and government cannot place any type of medical condition on a citizen like this.

(Truth is Canadian law doens't formally recognize dual citizenship at all)

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
dual citizenship is irrelevant, a dual citizen IS a citizen of Canada, period, and government cannot place any type of medical condition on a citizen like this.

(Truth is Canadian law doens't formally recognize dual citizenship at all)
Oh. I dunno then. Another IRCC weird anomaly.

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
So just to update you on our case. The child was "removed" as dependent from the tracker/GCkey last week and we have since gotten Decision Made (ECAS) and COPR details in PR-tracker.

I assume that another case officer has looked at the case (webform), because the medical results had not been sent to IRCC when the change occured. Annoying extra cost and hassle, but at least now it is sorted!

Best of luck with your application.

Reactions: YVR123