+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Latest Update on Online Testing for Citizenship - Good news ..But

Leiyara

Oct 12, 2020
I seriously can’t stand the fact that kids are going to school, we are going to work and risking our health every single day but when it comes to the citizenship test, we just can’t get those 20 questions. My mom is not in Canada, 71, almost like completely alone and if she needs my help because of covid, things are gonna be so messed up. I miss her so much and during these difficult times, I feel like I don’t have freedom, I’m stuck in this situation! Because of something that I can not control! To be honest I don’t trust that I am guaranteed to enter Canada with my PR card anymore because of the pandemic. And I lost so many opportunities because of this issue. I lost almost all my 20s struggling, waiting and working hard patiently, just because of something that I can not control(my country of birth).

I would love to be in that demonstration in Ottawa by the way but I am in Calgary..

It’s ENOUGH!!!
I've traveled to the US a couple of times since the border closed (I am now a dual US/Canadian citizen). At the time I was just a PR in Canada, and never had any problems with returning. Here's the website showing PRs can enter:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exemptions

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
An alternative way of looking at this is that they are actually doing their jobs, which is PR. The longer the situation continues of people constantly beleaguering him with questions about it, the worse the optics for him, so it would make sense that they've changed their standard statement to what it is now.

It will not stem the tide of people still asking those twitter accounts the same question; all that has changed has been the response from completely opaque to slightly less opaque.
I would consider them doing their part of job properly when I see all the people who are making noise about resuming citizenship tests and processing actually get a proper communication or an actual process in place.
Their response being slightly less opaque is still opaque.

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
just to give some more pounding.. citizenship test is not the last thing in your process. After citizenship test, oath ceremony is required so then even if they give you test, you need to wait for oath.
My wife completed citizenship test in January 2020 and her ecas is still showing in process and still waiting for oath ceremony..

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Just another FYI the next to last step is the INTERVIEW PORTION. After the interview portion is the taking of the Oath ceremony. I do Not have to take the test due to age BUT I still have to have an interview and I've been in process since November 6th 2019.