+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC is cruel for refusing visitor visa for PARENTS of refugee claimants

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
It's truly sad... refugee claimants cannot go to their home country due to fear of prosecution.
I am an LGBTQ refugee and IRCC has refused my mother's visitor visa twice. She has a stable job and a husband, as well as financial aspects. The officers just deny it for no reason (twice) for a change that she might say. SHE HAS BEEN TO CANADA 5 times before and never stayed, if she wanted to, she would then...
It's criminal to separate families like this...
I have already ordered GC Key notes and all the office has written is that there is a chance she might stay.

Do I have any options from here? thanks in advance...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's truly sad... refugee claimants cannot go to their home country due to fear of prosecution.
I am an LGBTQ refugee and IRCC has refused my mother's visitor visa twice. She has a stable job and a husband, as well as financial aspects. The officers just deny it for no reason (twice) for a change that she might say. SHE HAS BEEN TO CANADA 5 times before and never stayed, if she wanted to, she would then...
I have already ordered GC Key notes and all the office has written is that there is a chance she might stay.

You could hire an immigration lawyer and appeal the decision if you want to pursue this in court.

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
You could hire an immigration lawyer and appeal the decision if you want to pursue this in court.
I was told that visitor visas cannot be appealed. In this case, can I appeal it through hiring a lawyer? do you know how much it would cost (a general estimate). Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was told that visitor visas cannot be appealed. In this case, can I appeal it through hiring a lawyer? do you know how much it would cost (a general estimate). Thank you!
You're right, technically it's not an appeal. You would be going for a judicial review. I don't know how much a lawyer would cost. My guess is a few thousand?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Meet in a third country is a option

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Are you a PR yet? It looks like you were granted asylum in 2020 so may not be a PR yet. Have the refusals been since you claimed asylum? When did she visit 5 times? Have the conditions in her country changed? She does have more ties in Canada and may be still at risk for trying to remain in Canada depending on her history and data from other applicants from your home country. Has there been an increase in asylum claims from that country? Would personally recommend meeting in a 3rd country and establishing yourself for a longer period of time in Canada and taking a break from applying for TRVs. How many times have you applied? Repeated applications for TRVs can indicate potential desperation that leads to more concern about the application. How long has she been requesting to visit? How much savings has she shown?

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018

Are you a refugee claimants or a Protected Person ? How much did your mum have for her visit ? Does she have a job to return to ? Did you explain reasons why she will return back to her home country ?

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Meet in a third country is a option
It's not. How many countries are tolerant/accepting towards vulnerable LGBTQ+ populations?
Furthermore, RTD are not accepted in many countries...
Every document they need is given, she has been here 5 times before and didn't stay... I'm not sure why they can decide to refuse just cause.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It's not. How many countries are tolerant/accepting towards vulnerable LGBTQ+ populations?
Furthermore, RTD are not accepted in many countries...
Every document they need is given, she has been here 5 times before and didn't stay... I'm not sure why they can decide to refuse just cause.
You can meet in Europe. Here is a thread on recent travel.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/europe-trip-completed-with-rtd-and-no-pr.775213/

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Are you a PR yet? It looks like you were granted asylum in 2020 so may not be a PR yet. Have the refusals been since you claimed asylum? When did she visit 5 times? Have the conditions in her country changed? She does have more ties in Canada and may be still at risk for trying to remain in Canada depending on her history and data from other applicants from your home country. Has there been an increase in asylum claims from that country? Would personally recommend meeting in a 3rd country and establishing yourself for a longer period of time in Canada and taking a break from applying for TRVs. How many times have you applied? Repeated applications for TRVs can indicate potential desperation that leads to more concern about the application. How long has she been requesting to visit? How much savings has she shown?
I have been a PR for around a year now.
She visited when I was a protected person (and the visa was issued then!!)
3rd country is not an option for me as a LGBTQ+ refugee. Countries who accept RTD are very limited, and RTDs are only issued in urgent matters right now. It's as if IRCC wants to separate refugees from their family...
She applied twice. I am waiting to the second GC key notes now, I will post it when I have further information.
It's bizarre. Potential desperation of family to visit each other (parents/sons/daughters) after years should NOT been looked at as a reason to refuse...
She has shown enough savings (way above what they ask), she has a stable job, my dad is staying and did not apply for a visa, my other family members are there.. I'm not sure why they keep refusing it.
I hope there is a way I can appeal it as I do not have the option go to a third country.
Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Last edited:

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Are you a refugee claimants or a Protected Person ? How much did your mum have for her visit ? Does she have a job to return to ? Did you explain reasons why she will return back to her home country ?
Yes she has a stable job to return to. She has been issued visitor visa 5 times before. I'm a PR. I explained the reasons, I am now waiting to GC Key notes for the second refusal. The officer has written: You have significant family ties in Canada
I'm not sure what else to do at this point...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have been a PR for around a year now.
She visited when I was a protected person (and the visa was issued then!!)
3rd country is not an option for me as a LGBTQ+ refugee. Countries who accept RTD are very limited, and RTDs are only issued in urgent matters right now. It's as if IRCC wants to separate refugees from their family...
She applied twice. I am waiting to the second GC key notes now, I will post it when I have further information.
It's bizarre. Potential desperation of family to visit each other (parents/sons/daughters) after years should NOT been looked at as a reason to refuse...
She has shown enough savings (way above what they ask), she has a stable job, my dad is staying and did not apply for a visa, my other family members are there.. I'm not sure why they keep refusing it.
I hope there is a way I can appeal it as I do not have the option go to a third country.
Thank you for the reply.
Did she travel 5 times while you were an asylum claimant? If so how long did she visit for? If it was a significant time during your asylum claim that could be why. How long did she ask to visit in total during those 5 visits? Did she want to visit for 2-3 weeks of months? It is no longer difficult to get an RTD. There are many countries that accept an RTD or an RTD with a visa. From Europe to Mexico, Cuba, etc. You could consider inquiring about Brazil if looking for an LGBTQ+ safe location that has very liberal visa requirements usually. If it would take her a year to apply for a European visa she must come from a country where it is difficult to get a visa which also may be the problem. If she was able to visit you during your asylum claim it hasn't been years since you were able to see each other. You were able to see family including spouse and kids much quicker than most who often wait a minimum of 4 years to reunite in Canada with spouse and children. Do not reapply until you have GCMS notes and don’t apply until you know you can address the concerns. If you meet LICO you could consider trying for a supervisa as well. Unfortunately a TRV is never guaranteed.