+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC inconsistencies

Annie503

May 2, 2023
I finally got though to IRCC today, and actually got some one to look deeper.

10 months ago we paid our landing fees!!! It was never attached to our file, was left as an open file!!!

what a mess

we could of had our PR card 3 months ago, or sooner!

Is now 6 month anniversary or portal acceptance, and now they say not sure how long, after their screw up!!

and also now 2 years since initial paper application acceptance

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
I finally got though to IRCC today, and actually got some one to look deeper.

10 months ago we paid our landing fees!!! It was never attached to our file, was left as an open file!!!

what a mess

we could of had our PR card 3 months ago, or sooner!

Is now 6 month anniversary or portal acceptance, and now they say not sure how long, after their screw up!!

and also now 2 years since initial paper application acceptance
One week later and with MP involved, no one can figure out where we are, and now want us to do another virtual landing, and new portal application

The mess gets bigger!

GeraldMjay

May 18, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-11-2022
AOR Received.
02-02-2023
File Transfer...
16-04-2023
Med's Request
02-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Interview........
Nil
Is anyone here processing spousal sponsorship from the Accra Ghana office? My husband is Nigerian. I'm just searching for some insight on timelines.
Hello.
I'm a Nigerian currently processing my application in Accra Ghana.

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
One week later and with MP involved, no one can figure out where we are, and now want us to do another virtual landing, and new portal application

The mess gets bigger!
And now two days later, email to do this again!!!

I am a Canadian sponsoring my wife to be with me forever!
And now have dealt with the final picture approval for over 6 months, and now, they can’t find records even if I can provide them!

They now want me to start the portal approvals and re- enter again!
Twice now in two days!!!

I’m thinking I need a lawyer

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
It's all in my signature. My wife's application was completed in exactly 6 months from the date we submitted it. She was in Jamaica and her visa office was Kingston JM. At the time of submission, the estimated processing time for Jamaica was 23 months. One thing I learned was don't believe the processing times lines and don't trust the trackers. GCkey had no updates at all until the day they issued her visa. We did however receive all the correspondence from IRCC via GCKEY.

The new online portal was just as unless. My wife application was approved in December 2022, and she landed in February. That portal still says background and eligibility not started.
that was an extremely swift process. congrats to the both of you!

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
And now two days later, email to do this again!!!

I am a Canadian sponsoring my wife to be with me forever!
And now have dealt with the final picture approval for over 6 months, and now, they can’t find records even if I can provide them!

They now want me to start the portal approvals and re- enter again!
Twice now in two days!!!

I’m thinking I need a lawyer
Two weeks later, nothing
Don’t get me wrong, I am glad for all that get through this process and have their card, but I am very frustrated, as a Canadian born and raised tax payer, only trying to have my wife as a resident.

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
Another week has gone by.
My updates after another 4 hours on the phone:

After 7 months, I am told that they don’t have records of our portal requirements!
Even though I have the portal on line for the pr card with only the picture in review for the last 7 months!

I think we know the words coming to my mind!

And no agents will take responsibility!!!

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
Well, after 7 months of accepted portal requirements, many , many phone calls and countless hours on hold, involving my local MP , many emails, and the help of my representative,,, we finally received eCoPR!!!

And now, hopefully the card shows up next week.

Reactions: comarxx

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, after 7 months of accepted portal requirements, many , many phone calls and countless hours on hold, involving my local MP , many emails, and the help of my representative,,, we finally received eCoPR!!!

Congrats

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
Little update:
Initial inland spousal application on paper accepted June 2021
Second application , as requested by IRCC , on line accepted Jan 2022
All fees paid
Application was accepted September 2022
Initial portal requirements accepted November 2022

With all the inquiries, I found out that the landing fees were never at to the file!
Is why there was no eCoPR issued!

So, if you find things are not proceeding as should be, one needs to investigate, and not wait too long as I did.

If you have a representative , make sure they pursue it , even though at the portal time they are not really involved.
Or make sure one fills the proper IMM 5476 ( newest ) so that you can ask all the proper questions!

Hopefully helps someone!

Reactions: comarxx

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there senior members. Please guide. Upon further reading of my GCMS note I found out that the visa office processing my spouse and dependent application is Ottawa IR. It say primary office: Ottawa IR and Secondary office: Centralized Intake Office.

I really thought that my file was sent to Manila Visa Office like what they said on the SA letter.

I remember before and I think I posted it here that when I called IRCC call centre the agent said they will send my file for final processing back to Canada. Now I dont know if this is actually true. Nowhere I can see in the GCMS my file being sent to Manila visa office.

So many inconsistencies. Everytime I am calling the IRCC call centre I always say its outside Canada visa office handling my case.

Anyone here who has a Ottawa IR visa office handling their case?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

Bro..you should share your story with CBC Marketplace to expose the inefficiences at CIC and the pains they give to families of citizens and to future citizens of canada. They can stream line this whole process utilizing modern technology and trained staff and some accountability of each Visa office.