+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC employees: stop staying home

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
The prime minister requires that all public service personnel get vaccinated and return to the office.
Why are IRCC employees still working from home?

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Why do you care where someone works from as long as the job is getting done.
working from home means lower efficiency in general.
going back to the office also means that in-person tests and oaths are feasible, which will very likely speed up the progress.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
I don't agree that working from home means lower efficiency. In my opinion if the organization has the right means and applies the right productivity measures working from home or office shouldn't affect efficiency.
IMO again there are huge delays because government officials have not put in place suitable workflow and controls to improve the processes. In other words, they just don't care if there are delays. There will still be people paying to become PRs or citizens.

PS I worked from home and if I didn't deliver the work I was asked to do, I didn't get paid. As simple as that.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
working from home means lower efficiency in general.
going back to the office also means that in-person tests and oaths are feasible, which will very likely speed up the progress.
Going back to the office has nothing to do with in person tests and oaths. You're confusing things.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I don't agree that working from home means lower efficiency. In my opinion if the organization has the right means and applies the right productivity measures working from home or office shouldn't affect efficiency.
IMO again there are huge delays because government officials have not put in place suitable workflow and controls to improve the processes. In other words, they just don't care if there are delays. There will still be people paying to become PRs or citizens.

PS I worked from home and if I didn't deliver the work I was asked to do, I didn't get paid. As simple as that.
When the lockdown was enforced March 2020, the company I was working with asked us with no advance notice that tomorrow we will start working from home, and sent us home with the tools we needed. Our work didn't see any interruption. At first there was some lower productivity due to adjusting, but things picked up vey quickly. They were motivated to make sure there was no interruption of work because any interruption meant loss of money. IRCC went home back in March 2020 and sat there for 8+ months doing nothing. Some applicants asked for notes of their files, and it's shown their files sat 7-8 months untouched, collecting dust. We paid for our applications to be processed, still for IRCC they think it's their charity to us to process our applications.

I think there is some truth saying that working from home for IRCC is not as efficient as working from offices. IRCC personnel are not quipped to work from home. Most files are paper-based, and working from home means officers must bring files home. It's inefficient and time consuming. Online applications are different stories. It's easier to access online applications from your computer. What they should've done is to digitized all paper-based applications they have, and then stopped receiving paper-based applications. But they continued doing this, which is very strange. As if they want to make things worse.

Last edited:

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
When the lockdown was enforced March 2020, the company I was working with asked us with no advance notice that tomorrow we will start working from home, and sent us home with the tools we needed. Our work didn't see any interruption. At first there was some lower productivity due to adjusting, but things picked up vey quickly. They were motivated to make sure there was no interruption of work because any interruption meant loss of money. IRCC went home back in March 2020 and sat there for 8+ months doing nothing. Some applicants asked for notes of their files, and it's shown their files sat 7-8 months untouched, collecting dust. We paid for our applications to be processed, still for IRCC they think it's their charity to us to process our applications.

I think there is some truth saying that working from home for IRCC is not as efficient as working from offices. IRCC personnel are not quipped to work from home. Most files are paper-based, and working from home means officers must bring files home. It's inefficient and time consuming. Online applications are different stories. It's easier to access online applications from your computer. What they should've done is to digitized all paper-based applications they have, and then stopped receiving paper-based applications. But they continued doing this, which is very strange. As if they want to make things worse.
I relate to your example. Granted that I don't know anything about the workflow, still I think if there is the will and incentive (same as any business) they should have make it work. But I think for them PRs and Citizenships are not urgent cuz what choice people have other than wait patiently.

Reactions: CaBeaver