+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Email Correspondence Issues

ch_wa

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Can anybody advise how to obtain the IRCC email correspondence for citizenship cases that was never received in inbox/ junk folders. This email outlines the additional information/ documents requested by IRCC and has to be sent as cover letter along with the documents they requested. Failing to obtain this email can lead to delays and refusal. Currently there seems be no clear way to re obtain the correspondence that was actually either never sent by IRCC or at least never received in the client email inbox/ junk folders. Any insights would be highly appreciated. Thx a lot in advance.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If you believe that you missed an email correspondence from them, your best bet would be to call and ask for it to be resent.

ch_wa

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Many thx for the prompt reply. I did call the IRCC call centre agent and asked to resend the email but she said it could take 15 to 20 days. Is this normal timeline to resend an email? Would you consider calling again or suggest to wait for this much time since for my minor children citizenship case decision has been made and agent told me that I have to send original PR cards back so that they process the citizenship certificate but she said I can do that only when I have the IRCC email/letter to be sent back along with PR cards. Any further advice would be really great. Many thx again.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Seems like a long time, but maybe it’s because the agent has no ability to push the button and needs to send it through the process. If you’re concerned that you didn’t get a correct answer, you could try calling again. Wouldn’t be the first time an agent wasn’t correct in what they quote.

ch_wa

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Many thanks. Do you think it could be useful to also send a letter by post to citizenship case processing centre explaining the missed correspondence and requesting to resend. In addition to IRCC call centre channel....appreciate your valuable insight.