+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ircc confirmation portal email

kras9x4

Oct 26, 2021
Hello my wife just received an email saying her permanent residence application has been approved. (Yay!)

They want some information like UCI, original entry date into Canada etc. Once they receive a response to the email we can create a portal account?

Any tips for filling out our response to this email? It seems like they would already have this information.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hello my wife just received an email saying her permanent residence application has been approved. (Yay!)

They want some information like UCI, original entry date into Canada etc. Once they receive a response to the email we can create a portal account?

Any tips for filling out our response to this email? It seems like they would already have this information.
Just copy paste the template and input your information. Don't forget to mention at the top the email you want to use and choose from the 2 options they've given.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Thanks but what do you mean the 2 options?
To confirm your PR status using the portal:

Reply to this email and confirm 1) the email address you want to use and 2)
which option below you choose for your spouse/partner and dependants 18
years or older when you applied:

o Option A, you’ll act on their behalf.
o Option B, we’ll create new accounts for each of them. Provide a unique
email address for every dependant included in your application
(spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for
permanent residence).

kras9x4

Oct 26, 2021
Yea just my wife. Thanks! I'm a little slow today.

What is the actual purpose of this email I wonder? I feel like they already have all this info.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Yea just my wife. Thanks! I'm a little slow today.

What is the actual purpose of this email I wonder? I feel like they already have all this info.
I know, I was thinking the same thing too.. I feel like they're just doing it to make sure they have the most updated information.

kras9x4

Oct 26, 2021
Alright one more question. It asks for both "original arrival in Canada" date and "most recent arrival" date. What to put for original???

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Alright one more question. It asks for both "original arrival in Canada" date and "most recent arrival" date. What to put for original???
If the principal applicant has been in Canada before you need to put the entry date of that travel. On recent arrival goes the last date of entry. In my case I came as a tourist in February 2019, but came again in December 2019, stayed and applied for PR. On original arrival date goes 25 February 2019, on most recent arrival goes: 28 December 2019

davidoqc2

Aug 16, 2021
For that date, you want to put the applicant's very first entry date to Canada. For example, I visited Canada as a tourist in 2016, but came here on a work permit in 2019. For the response, I put 2016 and got a response 1 day later with my login credentials.
Congrats! After this step, you should get your eCoPR pretty soon :)