+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC communication method

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
A question for those who are post the test/oath stage:

Does IRCC only send emails for communication?

E.g. I got my AOR via email but will the test invite be sent by email as well?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

From what I've read on this forum, test and oath invites are sent via snail mail, not email. ECAS will show the update as well.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
just follow/check ECAS once a day then you are step ahead as they post everything there.

i believe also they communicate via turtle mail after AOR but they also update via ECAS same time, i wished atleast we get Alert email on any update on ecas like CRA even if they send u canada post mail. CRA will alert you they sent regular mail and copy of pdf letter in there right away you can print.

i check ecas right after i arrive home after work everyday for updates.

Last edited:

Stabinmo

Apr 12, 2017

AOR is by email if you provided your application when you filled the application. Test invite is by regular mail. Oath is usually by regular mail but recently is being sent by email only as PDF attachment where you need to print it and take it with you.
Keep checking eCAS for all updates to be ahead of them.

romanbel0

Nov 13, 2016
just follow/check ECAS once a day then you are step ahead as they post everything there.

i believe also they communicate via turtle mail after AOR but they also update via ECAS same time, i wished atleast we get Alert email on any update on ecas like CRA even if they send u canada post mail. CRA will alert you they sent regular mail and copy of pdf letter in there right away you can print.

i check ecas right after i arrive home after work everyday for updates.
Do they tell you online in ECAS the date of the test or only that it has been set up? If not, can you call the CIC number to find out, or they are just gonna tell you to wait for correspondence?

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Do they tell you online in ECAS the date of the test or only that it has been set up? If not, can you call the CIC number to find out, or they are just gonna tell you to wait for correspondence?
they post every step from A to Z on ecas. Relax dude! No need to call CIC because they will only tell you what you also see on Ecas because its handled not from their office but in your local town.

romanbel0

Nov 13, 2016
they post every step from A to Z on ecas. Relax dude! No need to call CIC because they will only tell you what you also see on Ecas because its handled not from their office but in your local town.
You are not replying on my question though. Does ECAS indicate the EXACT date on which the test is to be taken or merely the fact that an invitation for the test has been sent?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I got my test invite by email only and no postal mail. For some people it comes by email and for some by normal mail. So you can get either. Keep checking ecas also. But ecas is not 100% reliable. I got my test invite by email but no update in ecas as of yet

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
You are not replying on my question though. Does ECAS indicate the EXACT date on which the test is to be taken or merely the fact that an invitation for the test has been sent?
yes it tells you exact dates on what date test invitation was sent and on what date test will be..

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I want to just add a line to my physical presence caculator in the reasons? Can I do it using the webforms?
I think not but you can try

the main use of web form is to update address, upload documents etc

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.20743805.450196855.1511360394-484245464.1510449227

You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
  • You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.
  • You wish to add, change or cancel a representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) or you authorize IRCC to release information from your case file and you are ready to upload your Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475).
  • You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card. To be eligible for urgent processing, you must provide:
    • proof of travel (itinerary or ticket) that shows your full name, destination and travel dates;
    • proof of payment for the travel that shows the date you paid, the full amount you paid, and how you paid;
    • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency; and
    • proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer).
  • You wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services. Please select 'Technical Difficulty' as your application/enquiry type and ensure you provide:
    • type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record, etc) in the 'Your enquiry' field;
    • approximate date that the application was submitted, if applicable, in the 'Your enquiry' field.
    • complete address (including the postal code) in the 'Your enquiry' field. If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
    • Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number, if you have one;
    • online application reference number, if you have one;
    • telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
    • screenshot(s), if possible.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
I think not but you can try

the main use of web form is to update address, upload documents etc

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.20743805.450196855.1511360394-484245464.1510449227

You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
  • You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.
  • You wish to add, change or cancel a representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) or you authorize IRCC to release information from your case file and you are ready to upload your Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475).
  • You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card. To be eligible for urgent processing, you must provide:
    • proof of travel (itinerary or ticket) that shows your full name, destination and travel dates;
    • proof of payment for the travel that shows the date you paid, the full amount you paid, and how you paid;
    • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency; and
    • proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer).
  • You wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services. Please select 'Technical Difficulty' as your application/enquiry type and ensure you provide:
    • type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record, etc) in the 'Your enquiry' field;
    • approximate date that the application was submitted, if applicable, in the 'Your enquiry' field.
    • complete address (including the postal code) in the 'Your enquiry' field. If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
    • Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number, if you have one;
    • online application reference number, if you have one;
    • telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
    • screenshot(s), if possible.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. So whats the other best way to do that? Send them a registered mail after getting an AOR?