+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC asking for Sch A Background Declaration form (IMM5669) for minor

shallowpurple

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
I had submitted Family PR Sponsorship Application for Dependent Child (minor, 2 years old) but I received a request from IRCC
The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669).

A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk
mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission.

Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not).

Upon receipt of the completed Schedule A form(s), the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; a confirmation letter will be sent to you when the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of
the visa office selected.

To re-iterate, the completed Schedule A form(s) must be received at this office within 30 days of the original request that was sent to your sponsored family member(s) (or their representative).
_________
Queries:

1. I am confused on why are they asking for Sch A forms. Can anyone please help me?

2. Also, I am not able to link the application for my dependent child. I login using a third party (RBC account) and fill details (using UCI, Application number) but it is not able to find any application to link. Do we know what I could be missing? (it has already been more than 5 business days)

snoor1987

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Could you please tell me when did your application reach cpc ? how long it took them to give sponsorship approval ?

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
for question No. 1
i think it is a template email. 5 days after i got this kind of email, my newborn baby's file was transfered to Manila.
i guess they will send the Sch A forms request with the medical request later.

No. 2
try to search other posts in this forum, you will find a lot of answers.

crbrown

May 13, 2017
I received the exact same letter for sponsoring my daughter (also 2 years old). It hasn't been 5 days yet, so am waiting it out, but I'm guessing it's just a template letter and no Schedule A will actually be required. My backup plan however is to submit it via Webform next week anyway, with an explanation.

Edit: Today I received another letter stating the application has been forwarded to visa office in Singapore. In previous letter they said that would only happen after Sch A was received, but as I never sent it, this confirms my suspicion that the bit about Sch A was just a "template letter" and is not actually required for minors. Hope that helps!

Regarding query #2, I had problems linking my daughter's account until I changed the response to the question about "number of people on this application" to 3 (me, wife, daughter). See if that works for you.

Last edited: