+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC asking for documents I already sent in my PR app

francisco bucchi

Mar 27, 2017
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife and step-children. Our application was sent inland on Aug 17th, 2017. So far everything was going well (we just did medicals this week), but now I received a request for two documents I already sent in the original application:

- Driver's record of my wife from our original country (Chile): this document was issued on May 22th, 2017, so maybe by the time IRCC checked the documents it was invalid. I'm thinking of sending a new driver's record along with the one I already sent, which is translated, and make them notice there is no difference between both records (just to avoid paying new translations).

- Custody documents of my step-children signed by the non-accompanying parent: we sent IMM5604 (Declaration from non-accompanying parents for minors immigrating to Canada) signed and notarized by my step-son's father. We thought it was the only document needed for custody, since no other custody documents were requested in the application list. Now they ask for further custody document (provided by judicial authority or signed and notarized by the non-accompanying parent), which are both impossible for us (the father is not going to help). I am thinking of explain the situation in a letter, attaching the IMM5604 again along with the travel authorization provided by the father.

Also, they ask for certified copies of the original documents, but they also ask to send the documents online (through the case Specific Enquiry website). So I makes no sense no copy a document that I will need to scan and upload.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!
Francisco

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife and step-children. Our application was sent inland on Aug 17th, 2017. So far everything was going well (we just did medicals this week), but now I received a request for two documents I already sent in the original application:

- Driver's record of my wife from our original country (Chile): this document was issued on May 22th, 2017, so maybe by the time IRCC checked the documents it was invalid. I'm thinking of sending a new driver's record along with the one I already sent, which is translated, and make them notice there is no difference between both records (just to avoid paying new translations).

- Custody documents of my step-children signed by the non-accompanying parent: we sent IMM5604 (Declaration from non-accompanying parents for minors immigrating to Canada) signed and notarized by my step-son's father. We thought it was the only document needed for custody, since no other custody documents were requested in the application list. Now they ask for further custody document (provided by judicial authority or signed and notarized by the non-accompanying parent), which are both impossible for us (the father is not going to help). I am thinking of explain the situation in a letter, attaching the IMM5604 again along with the travel authorization provided by the father.

Also, they ask for certified copies of the original documents, but they also ask to send the documents online (through the case Specific Enquiry website). So I makes no sense no copy a document that I will need to scan and upload.

Francisco
its frustrating.....I will advice that you send to IRCC the documents as requested to avoid delays and refusal........

francisco bucchi

Mar 27, 2017
Thanks for replying.

So, do you think it is enough with scanning the documents along with the translations? I mean, there is no need to certify the documents if they asked to send them online, right?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks for replying.

So, do you think it is enough with scanning the documents along with the translations? I mean, there is no need to certify the documents if they asked to send them online, right?
If IRCC ask for certified copies of the original documents....then will advice you do as requested.

Do as they requested in the letter....to avoid delays and refusal.....i know its frustrating, please relax you will succeed

Good Luck

Last edited:

francisco bucchi

Mar 27, 2017
Yes, but do you see how needless is that? The only point in doing this is if the same translator is the person who certifies the document.

Pameladominic

Feb 11, 2018
Hi Francisco,
I am Chilean too, sorry that I dont have a solution for your question but I will appreciate if you can give to me some recomendation.. we are just starting with the process of sponsor and I am not clear if we can send our documents like Antecedentes y hoja de vida de conductor by the registro civil online? Where did you get all your docs.?Because I visited the Chile consulate in Toronto and the woman there told me that I need the docs from the consulate only and with the firm of the consul, and then been translated in Ontario region. I bring with me all my docs from Chile and already translate half the docs in Chile too. I am very confused and I dont want to spend in new documentation and pay 3 time the price in the consulate and new translations. Also of you know of a traductor with reasonable prices will be a must. Thank you
Realted to your question I think probably is for the date, already past more than 6 months and maybe they need something more update. I hope is only that. Bad for us because we need to translate again. Remember that the traductors have the affidavit I think but not sure that is the certifed. Everything is so confuse.
Good luck

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi Francisco,
I am Chilean too, sorry that I dont have a solution for your question but I will appreciate if you can give to me some recomendation.. we are just starting with the process of sponsor and I am not clear if we can send our documents like Antecedentes y hoja de vida de conductor by the registro civil online? Where did you get all your docs.?Because I visited the Chile consulate in Toronto and the woman there told me that I need the docs from the consulate only and with the firm of the consul, and then been translated in Ontario region. I bring with me all my docs from Chile and already translate half the docs in Chile too. I am very confused and I dont want to spend in new documentation and pay 3 time the price in the consulate and new translations. Also of you know of a traductor with reasonable prices will be a must. Thank you
Realted to your question I think probably is for the date, already past more than 6 months and maybe they need something more update. I hope is only that. Bad for us because we need to translate again. Remember that the traductors have the affidavit I think but not sure that is the certifed. Everything is so confuse.
Good luck
Hello,
My partner from Chile just got his coPR last month. We applied outland, but we sent in his online hoja de vida del conductor and certificado de antecedentes (this might have been from the registro, but not 100% sure) upfront with our package and 1) got the translations done through a court interpreter who belonged to a provincial association (this was stated somewhere in the website regarding translations) and 2) she was able to notarize the translations ($50/page for all these services, but others told me they were able to do it for less money). I think these are the 2 steps you need to ensure are followed and it should be OK (we had no issues). If you had the translations done in Chile and did not get them notarized there, likely you will have to do it again, as getting the notarization requires the person who did the translation to swear an oath in person in front of a notary public/lawyer. Sorry I don't know of any official translators in the Toronto area as we are in Alberta.

Now, it took them almost 14 months to issue the coPR, so we had to get new ones. My partner ordered the new ones online. We had to have an interview, so he brought the new documents to the interview. But before he did that, he asked the visa office if he needed to do translations again and they told him he didn't need to do it. I believe they are good for a year as they never asked us for new ones until after 12 months. May 22 for Francisco is coming up soon, so maybe they anticipate that they will finish processing in the next month or 2.

I hope you can find out for sure whether or not you need to redo your translations. Good luck!

Last edited:

francisco bucchi

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Francisco,
Good luck
Hi! I got those certificates from the webpage of registro civil, and so far they were accepted by IRCC. I also translated the documents in Chile (this is, the translator did the translations and then swore the translation were a true representation of the original in front of a notary public), then I brought them to Ontario, and applied inland on August 14th, 2017. There is no requirement for the translations to be done in Ontario.
If you need some translations in Ontario, I just contacted a translator who is translating my hoja de vida del conductor (I need it to get a driving license in Ontario) and the fee is CAD$50/page. If you want I can give you her email (send me a PM).

Hello,
My partner from Chile just got his coPR last month. We applied outland, but we sent in his online hoja de vida del conductor and certificado de antecedentes (this might have been from the registro, but not 100% sure) upfront with our package and 1) got the translations done through a court interpreter who belonged to a provincial association (this was stated somewhere in the website regarding translations) and 2) she was able to notarize the translations ($50/page for all these services, but others told me they were able to do it for less money). I think these are the 2 steps you need to ensure are followed and it should be OK (we had no issues). If you had the translations done in Chile and did not get them notarized there, likely you will have to do it again, as getting the notarization requires the person who did the translation to swear an oath in person in front of a notary public/lawyer. Sorry I don't know of any official translators in the Toronto area as we are in Alberta.

Now, it took them almost 14 months to issue the coPR, so we had to get new ones. My partner ordered the new ones online. We had to have an interview, so he brought the new documents to the interview. But before he did that, he asked the visa office if he needed to do translations again and they told him he didn't need to do it. I believe they are good for a year as they never asked us for new ones until after 12 months. May 22 for Francisco is coming up soon, so maybe they anticipate that they will finish processing in the next month or 2.

I hope you can find out for sure whether or not you need to redo your translations. Good luck!
Thanks for your comment. I really don't know if I need to redo the translations, and find it difficult to figure out the answer. In this moment I feel prone to redo the translations, but when I think that I will re-send scanned copies of the documents that they already have (because I sent them in my application package), I feel encouraged to just write an explanatory letter along with the scanned copies and translations I already sent. Probably I will do the latter, and if they ask me to re-do the translations, I will do them.

I'll keep you posted!

Reactions: majesty

Remicynt

Jan 10, 2020
Hi,

Francisco
hi, please how were you able to sort this out, i have sent parents authoriation to travel, and my husbands passport. what other custody documents do they need, we are very married and our son is with us. kindly reply