+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC agent says my application is stuck....thoughts on what to do?

iron9er

Jan 5, 2019
HI all! Any help appreciated!

My AOR is Feb 11, 2019 (Outland - USA). I had called in September 2019 for an update and was told by a very nice agent that security, eligibility, criminality etc everything had passed but she couldn't give me a timeline on my application. Just waiting for review.

I waited and waited until December, then January, raising webforms asking about my status and got generic responses. I couldn't get through on the phone until today, though I've been trying. The agent says he agrees everything has been passed for some time and doesn't know why it's stuck, but that upon receiving my webform in Dec, they had sent a message to the office handling my application (Niagara), but no action had been taking. He said he sent another reminder and hoped that would get things in motion.

Is there anything else I can do? Keep calling? Emailing? Can you call that office specifically? Or set an appointment to go there in person?

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
HI all! Any help appreciated!

My AOR is Feb 11, 2019 (Outland - USA). I had called in September 2019 for an update and was told by a very nice agent that security, eligibility, criminality etc everything had passed but she couldn't give me a timeline on my application. Just waiting for review.

I waited and waited until December, then January, raising webforms asking about my status and got generic responses. I couldn't get through on the phone until today, though I've been trying. The agent says he agrees everything has been passed for some time and doesn't know why it's stuck, but that upon receiving my webform in Dec, they had sent a message to the office handling my application (Niagara), but no action had been taking. He said he sent another reminder and hoped that would get things in motion.

Is there anything else I can do? Keep calling? Emailing? Can you call that office specifically? Or set an appointment to go there in person?
maybe order GCMS notes to see what exactly happened to your application.

fakenews

Star Member
May 29, 2019
order GCMS would be your best course of action. it will show what the officer think about your application

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Is there anything else I can do?
Not really.

Keep calling? Emailing?
You can keep doing that like many others but it doesn't really work in most cases. But that's all you can do.

Can you call that office specifically?
you won't find a phone number to any visa offices. Only a few have email ids listed on IRCC website. But its unlikely you will get a good response.

Or set an appointment to go there in person?
This is not an option.

You can try ordering GCMS notes as others have suggested.