+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC agent asked to apply for TRV for spouse

sanjayji

Apr 14, 2016
I have recently applied for spouse visa for my spouse in India. I was asked by IRCC agent apply for visitors visa for spouse. How long will it take for her TRV to get approved?

Rubbal

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
I have recently applied for spouse visa for my spouse in India. I was asked by IRCC agent apply for visitors visa for spouse. How long will it take for her TRV to get approved?
My wife's visitor visa is pending since march

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
It’s going to be very difficult or next to impossible since you’ve already applied for spousal PR (assuming) and have declared she’s your wife. TRV requirement / conditions state the visitor will go back, but in your case you’ve already applied for her to get permanent residency. Also, while stating the ties to home country all properties, relatives, job, etc and spousal tie supercedes all others. So getting the TRV would be highly difficult

Fafa1992

Aug 26, 2020
It’s going to be very difficult or next to impossible since you’ve already applied for spousal PR (assuming) and have declared she’s your wife. TRV requirement / conditions state the visitor will go back, but in your case you’ve already applied for her to get permanent residency. Also, while stating the ties to home country all properties, relatives, job, etc and spousal tie supercedes all others. So getting the TRV would be highly difficult
I think now there is a new form or letter that you can write stating dual intent. Just research more about it on the CIC website, I saw it in passing. So I don't have the full information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She doesn’t qualify for an OWP which is why you were told to apply for a TRV. The TRV is far from guaranteed. The IRCC agent was pointing out what she should apply for if she wanted to attempt to come to Canada before getting PR. Impossible to say how long it will take to get processed. Chances of success are 50/50 at best. Will partially depend on current employment, savings, other ties to her home country, previous international travel to places like the US, UK, Australia, etc.

sanjayji

Apr 14, 2016
She doesn’t qualify for an OWP which is why you were told to apply for a TRV. The TRV is far from guaranteed. The IRCC agent was pointing out what she should apply for if she wanted to attempt to come to Canada before getting PR. Impossible to say how long it will take to get processed. Chances of success are 50/50 at best. Will partially depend on current employment, savings, other ties to her home country, previous international travel to places like the US, UK, Australia, etc.
Thanks for your response... Will apply anyway... Just $100 it's not gonna affect anything anyways... So, will just give it a shot

Reactions: canuck78