IRAQI & KUWAITI PCC for PGP

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My father was in Kuwait from 1978 to 1980 and in Iraq from 1980 to 1984. After that he has no contact or connection with anyone in these countries.
He may be asked for PCCs from these countries which he left 35 years back.

Can anyone share his/her experience of obtaining PCCs with similar circumstances.
Thanks in advance.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Bumping it up, if there is someone to share his/her/parents' experience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My father was in Kuwait from 1978 to 1980 and in Iraq from 1980 to 1984. After that he has no contact or connection with anyone in these countries.
He may be asked for PCCs from these countries which he left 35 years back.

Can anyone share his/her experience of obtaining PCCs with similar circumstances.
Thanks in advance.
I can't help for Iraq. I assume you would follow the process listed on the IRCC web site. Have you looked at that yet? If not, that's where you need to start.

For Kuwait, my husband had to obtain a PCC from there since he spend some time there in the mid '80's working. Short answer is that it ended up being impossible because all of the records were destroyed in the war and they had no record of him being there. Your father may find he has the same problem. If so, he will want to prove what he did to try to obtain one when he responds to IRCC. We included a letter explaning what we had done to try to obtain one - and then included email evidence (showing the emails we sent and also the response we received back). You'll want to contact several places to try - including the Kuwait embassy / consulate in your father's country, the one in Canada, your father's home country embassy / consulate in Kuwait, etc. We also found a US government website that stated it was impossible to obtain a PCC for this period and printed that out and included it as evidence. My husband also included a letter stating that he declared he had no criminal record or convictions for the period that he was in Kuwait and asked that IRCC accpet this letter in lieu of a PCC.

Reactions: vermas

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I can't help for Iraq. I assume you would follow the process listed on the IRCC web site. Have you looked at that yet? If not, that's where you need to start.

For Kuwait, my husband had to obtain a PCC from there since he spend some time there in the mid '80's working. Short answer is that it ended up being impossible because all of the records were destroyed in the war and they had no record of him being there. Your father may find he has the same problem. If so, he will want to prove what he did to try to obtain one when he responds to IRCC. We included a letter explaning what we had done to try to obtain one - and then included email evidence (showing the emails we sent and also the response we received back). You'll want to contact several places to try - including the Kuwait embassy / consulate in your father's country, the one in Canada, your father's home country embassy / consulate in Kuwait, etc. We also found a US government website that stated it was impossible to obtain a PCC for this period and printed that out and included it as evidence. My husband also included a letter stating that he declared he had no criminal record or convictions for the period that he was in Kuwait and asked that IRCC accpet this letter in lieu of a PCC.
Thank you for your input. Appreciate it.