+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS SMU (DE) Evaluation - join here!

Jun 2, 2019
Hi

I had cleared my
1. Graduation (B.Com-Honors) from Delhi Unversity
2. CA Inter from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
3. MBA-Finance from SMU-DE.

Now, Please suggest I should go with which Credentials Evaluation Services for best positive result?
Whether WES, IQAS, ICES or ICAS or any other??

Or Should I get B.Com & CA inter evaluated from WES (as it'll take less time) & MBA from ICAS or some other (as WES, IQAS, ICES will reject to evaluate SMU-DE degree)....??

Can anyone please suggest, what should i do...??

Thanks

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
This is what i followed and I suggest the same..(Or Should I get B.Com & CA inter evaluated from WES (as it'll take less time) & MBA from ICAS or some other (as WES, IQAS, ICES will reject to evaluate SMU-DE degree)....??)

Hi

I had cleared my
1. Graduation (B.Com-Honors) from Delhi Unversity
2. CA Inter from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
3. MBA-Finance from SMU-DE.

Now, Please suggest I should go with which Credentials Evaluation Services for best positive result?
Whether WES, IQAS, ICES or ICAS or any other??

Or Should I get B.Com & CA inter evaluated from WES (as it'll take less time) & MBA from ICAS or some other (as WES, IQAS, ICES will reject to evaluate SMU-DE degree)....??

Can anyone please suggest, what should i do...??

Thanks

Jun 2, 2019
This is what i followed and I suggest the same..(Or Should I get B.Com & CA inter evaluated from WES (as it'll take less time) & MBA from ICAS or some other (as WES, IQAS, ICES will reject to evaluate SMU-DE degree)....??)
Thanks for your prompt reply... Please suggest also...

This is a right approach to follow. 2 EAC reports from different Credential evaluation services wont be a problem in any way..??

If i go for CA inter to WES, what it will be equivalent to....??

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Q1: According to me, to apply for PR, you would only require the ECA report with the highest degree evaluated. And rest will be used while you are in Canada hunting jobs to prove your academics.

Q2: I am not sure about this. You can email to WES, and see what they respond.

Thanks for your prompt reply... Please suggest also...

This is a right approach to follow. 2 EAC reports from different Credential evaluation services wont be a problem in any way..??

If i go for CA inter to WES, what it will be equivalent to....??

Reactions: kaushik.india1
Jun 2, 2019
Q1: According to me, to apply for PR, you would only require the ECA report with the highest degree evaluated. And rest will be used while you are in Canada hunting jobs to prove your academics.

Q2: I am not sure about this. You can email to WES, and see what they respond.
Thanks

Please also clarify the below points:

1. What will be the process to get my credentials evaluated by WES i.e. step by step guide like
a) whether i should apply on WES website first and pay the fees (fees amount? couries charges? etc) then they will provide me the transcript form and some unique number which i submitted in the university to fill and provide it to me or send directly to WES
OR
should i ask my institution or university first to provide me the transcript (whether i should ask the university to send it directly to WES (if university send the transcript directly to WES and took the courier charges from me the why WES also collect courier charges, whats that for..??

I am very confused with all these small small steps to start this evaluation process.

Please provide step by step guide if possible, that would be of great help

2. As you already suggested, i should also go with WES for evaluating my graduation and CA inter, for lessor time and in this 1-2 month of process, in the meanwhile i’ll clear my ielts. If i clear CRS with this thats great but In case the CRS will be in deficiency of what i required then within that period of time, ICAS report will be available and can i replace that report with WES report to increase my CRS points..??

If yes then this will save my lots of time, please suggest.....

Thanks

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Thanks

Please also clarify the below points:

1. What will be the process to get my credentials evaluated by WES i.e. step by step guide like
a) whether i should apply on WES website first and pay the fees (fees amount? couries charges? etc) then they will provide me the transcript form and some unique number which i submitted in the university to fill and provide it to me or send directly to WES
OR
should i ask my institution or university first to provide me the transcript (whether i should ask the university to send it directly to WES (if university send the transcript directly to WES and took the courier charges from me the why WES also collect courier charges, whats that for..??

I am very confused with all these small small steps to start this evaluation process.

Please provide step by step guide if possible, that would be of great help

2. As you already suggested, i should also go with WES for evaluating my graduation and CA inter, for lessor time and in this 1-2 month of process, in the meanwhile i’ll clear my ielts. If i clear CRS with this thats great but In case the CRS will be in deficiency of what i required then within that period of time, ICAS report will be available and can i replace that report with WES report to increase my CRS points..??

If yes then this will save my lots of time, please suggest.....

Thanks
Q1: Absolutely correct.. Register on WES and get the Reference no. and send one form from WES (refer below link) to the university. And ask the university to send the transcripts directly to WES.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/International_Transcript_Request.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj73MHmgsviAhWO63MBHRrrAMwQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1O-SfXgbRsyUcA2o3SIJG5

Q2: Again you are correct. This is what I am aware about.

Karan36

Jul 20, 2019
Hi I have done PGDCA from SMU and I have submitted ECA application this month with IQAS along with my B.Com degree from Indore University
I wanted to know if IQAS will asses my PGDCA or not as many people are saying that iqas has stopped assessing SMU.
Also I received a mail from IQAS mentioning that they will reject SMU degree.

I am pretty much disappointed as my CRS will fall drastically

Kindly provide me an appropriate reply

Karan36

Jul 20, 2019
See my answer below, this is how you should update in the application form in Educational History:

NAME OF INSTITUTION : SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY
CURRENT INSTITUTION NAME: SHOULD BE BLANK
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: ENGLISH
ATTENDANCE DATES: MENTION AS PER YOUR START & END DATE
NAME OF CERTIFICATE/DIPLOMA/DEGREE: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)

I've copied it from my application form when I filled out. So, it was MBA and successfully evaluated by IQAS.

Hope this answers your queries.
Is IQAS still sending such mails or they are rejecting SMU directly

Karan36

Jul 20, 2019
Whenever you guys get such email, please provide the university address i.e., Sikkim address. Dont provide study centre address otherwise they’ll cancel your assessment mentioning its not recognized.

Mention that you studied from university and provide address like I did, you’ll be fine then.

Sikkim Manipal University

Address: 5th Mile, Upper Tadong, Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim 737102

Regarding my EOR, its due for this week. Hope to enter into the pool soon.
Please tell.me current status of SMU in IQAS

Karan36

Jul 20, 2019
See my answer below, this is how you should update in the application form in Educational History:

NAME OF INSTITUTION : SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY
CURRENT INSTITUTION NAME: SHOULD BE BLANK
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: ENGLISH
ATTENDANCE DATES: MENTION AS PER YOUR START & END DATE
NAME OF CERTIFICATE/DIPLOMA/DEGREE: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)

I've copied it from my application form when I filled out. So, it was MBA and successfully evaluated by IQAS.

Hope this answers your queries.
Any success for SMU ???

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Hi all,

IQAS is no longer evaluating degrees from SMU. Please get it evaluated from ICAS, It will be done successfully.
I had also spoken with one of the faculties of SMU, they too confirmed that IQAS won’t evaluate, however, ICAS will do it.

shbasm

Jan 31, 2015
hello guys
my bachelor degree is from SMU DE and my master degree is from Annamalai university what best approach for ECA

Thanks

Prat_hari

May 26, 2017
Hi Prat.. Did you go through the ICAS procedure? Any update or anything to share?
I have not done the evaluation yet. I already have a PR and just want to do it to showcase my academic qualification in case the employer insists on the specific credential evaluation