Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Hi,
I have done my Bachelors of Arts from SMU-DE, passed out in the year 2015. Any possibility of IQAS to evaluate it positively?

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Whenever you guys get such email, please provide the university address i.e., Sikkim address. Dont provide study centre address otherwise they’ll cancel your assessment mentioning its not recognized.

Mention that you studied from university and provide address like I did, you’ll be fine then.

Sikkim Manipal University

Address: 5th Mile, Upper Tadong, Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim 737102

Regarding my EOR, its due for this week. Hope to enter into the pool soon.
what happened to your application ? Did you get positive assessment ? after mentioning the Sikkim address ?

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi guys finally my wait is over they did not accept my smu degree's and just evaluated my bcom from du
Result is completion of bachelors degree.

No mention of smu degrees
25 jun 2018 application submitted
11 july 2018 documents recd in their ofc
9 aug 18 aor 1 2 mail received
9dec 19 mail received for regret of smu degree evaluation
24 jan 19 no mail from iqas i directly downloaded soft copy of eca from the portal.
DId you received mail asking for your study center details ?

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
DId you received mail asking for your study center details ?
Yes and i wrote New Delhi
After which i received the message they cannot process my eca for both the degrees however if I wish I can get my du com credentials assessed.
So I told them to go ahead and assess it.

narangricky22

Jun 28, 2018
Hi @kluthra what did you reply when they contacted you for study centre details? Did they contacted you before rejecting smude degree?
I got an email from them and they did not ask for detail regarding STUDY center instead they simply cancelled the application mentioning that they're not assessing any distance learning degrees from SMU. I think now the only option left is to apply to ICAS.

007kiranraj

Nov 22, 2017
I received my assessment today. MBA from SMU DE is not recognized by IQAS. Seems like they'll not accept SMU distance education degrees.

007kiranraj

Nov 22, 2017
ICAS recognizes SMU DE Degrees?
Are you sure? Please share any information that you get.

I got an email from them and they did not ask for detail regarding STUDY center instead they simply cancelled the application mentioning that they're not assessing any distance learning degrees froow the only option left is to apply to ICAS.

i9abtu

Feb 9, 2019
Only credentials that are recognised, authenticated and comparable to completed Canadian educational credentials are eligible for assessment.
Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively.

IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

This is the latest from IQAS.

Prat_hari

May 26, 2017
Hi all, I was about to apply for SMU DE credentials through IQAS. I am happy that I went through the forum. Let me know if there is any update regarding ICAS evaluation. Would really appreciate that.

Prat_hari

May 26, 2017
I sent a mail to SMU desk for the Transcript application form and they replied..
"We would like to inform you that, as of now IQAS are not verifying the transcript and same will be kept on hold, if you are applying through IQAS. The university is in the process of sending representatives to IQAS. Meanwhile, you can evaluate it through ICAS. Note: Please share with us the ICAS application form and number for further procedure"

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Hi Prat.. Did you go through the ICAS procedure? Any update or anything to share?

I sent a mail to SMU desk for the Transcript application form and they replied..
"We would like to inform you that, as of now IQAS are not verifying the transcript and same will be kept on hold, if you are applying through IQAS. The university is in the process of sending representatives to IQAS. Meanwhile, you can evaluate it through ICAS. Note: Please share with us the ICAS application form and number for further procedure"