+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS or other equivalent organisation (other than WES) evaluation for ECA

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
Hi all, I've newly joined this forum. I'd like to know that has anyone recently completed their ECA from any organisation other than WES? Especially someone who has got a Master's degree from India certified as Master's equivalency for the ECA? How long did it take for you to get the ECA report?

What are the steps to send your documents to IQAS or other organisations (other than WES) for the ECA? I've read a bit about IQAS, not other organisations. For ease, let's consider the ECA for IQAS. In this case, what and how exactly are you supposed to send your education documents to IQAS? I'm aware that there are 3 ways: either through online, by physical mail through your university, or physically by yourself. I'd like to know how exactly to send the education documents to IQAS by these 3 ways, preferably sending them online. Thanks.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all, I've newly joined this forum. I'd like to know that has anyone recently completed their ECA from any organisation other than WES? Especially someone who has got a Master's degree from India certified as Master's equivalency for the ECA? How long did it take for you to get the ECA report?

What are the steps to send your documents to IQAS or other organisations (other than WES) for the ECA? I've read a bit about IQAS, not other organisations. For ease, let's consider the ECA for IQAS. In this case, what and how exactly are you supposed to send your education documents to IQAS? I'm aware that there are 3 ways: either through online, by physical mail through your university, or physically by yourself. I'd like to know how exactly to send the education documents to IQAS by these 3 ways, preferably sending them online. Thanks.
Google WES, they had a tool where you can calculate the assessment before you actually start your application. The ECAs most popular is WES and then IQAS or ICAS. Mostly all of them needs your certificate to be sent by your insitute to be sent to them directly in a sealed envelope. You can also send them on the behalf of you uni but needs to be stamped and sealed by your uni. The process depends upon the time taken by your uni to send them the certificate. Mostly WES is the quickest.

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
Google WES, they had a tool where you can calculate the assessment before you actually start your application. The ECAs most popular is WES and then IQAS or ICAS. Mostly all of them needs your certificate to be sent by your insitute to be sent to them directly in a sealed envelope. You can also send them on the behalf of you uni but needs to be stamped and sealed by your uni. The process depends upon the time taken by your uni to send them the certificate. Mostly WES is the quickest.
I've used the WES tool and found that the Master's degree from India is considered as "1 year of graduate study". So I need an organisation to evaluate the degree as a Master's, and hence wanted to know about IQAS. Are you aware of how IQAS works? From what I've read, I know it takes at least 3-4 months for their evaluation. But I'd also like to know about how to send documents to IQAS or other non-WES organisations through the online way. I'd appreciate your help on this.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I've used the WES tool and found that the Master's degree from India is considered as "1 year of graduate study". So I need an organisation to evaluate the degree as a Master's, and hence wanted to know about IQAS. Are you aware of how IQAS works? From what I've read, I know it takes at least 3-4 months for their evaluation. But I'd also like to know about how to send documents to IQAS or other non-WES organisations through the online way. I'd appreciate your help on this.
IQAS takes a while which is way longer than WES. In my case WES took 3 months even though I had given them access online. Do you have online access from your uni?

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
IQAS takes a while which is way longer than WES. In my case WES took 3 months even though I had given them access online. Do you have online access from your uni?
Yes, my uni has an online facility to directly send documents to WES. But I'm worried about the Master's not being considered by WES as a Master's equivalency. Which degrees did you evaluate through WES?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes, my uni has an online facility to directly send documents to WES. But I'm worried about the Master's not being considered by WES as a Master's equivalency. Which degrees did you evaluate through WES?
Masters. They have to send them to WES in a sealed envelope. They won't accept emails, is it okay with your uni?

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
Masters. They have to send them to WES in a sealed envelope. They won't accept emails, is it okay with your uni?
In which country did you complete your Master's in?

I think the uni has a direct way of sending the documents to WES. But I am not sure of the procedure for IQAS, and hence wanted to enquire here.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
In which country did you complete your Master's in?

I think the uni has a direct way of sending the documents to WES. But I am not sure of the procedure for IQAS, and hence wanted to enquire here.
They won't accept it I think. My uni give every student online account where they upload degrees for ECA to verify. The student can give access to ECA for verification.

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
If anyone has recently completed their ECA from IQAS or other non-WES organisations, please comment in this thread, thanks.

Latha N

Jul 3, 2022
Hi All, I completed my B.Tech from a private engg college in my city, which is affiliated to JNTU Anantapur. So, how can I contact JNTUA to request for transcripts to send to WES?? Is there any JNTUA own online facility available? Or Should I travel to JNTUA to request this?