+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
it doesnt matter how many numbers of section u have i sent three of mine and got evaluation for all... i had 2 years b com (regular) 2 years MA (private) and three years MBA ( regular) and got masters equivalency from IQAS...so no issue to sending them all.. in fact i sent them my SSC HSC copies as well...
Hello,
Can you please help me out regarding filling the form step by step?
Also, I have 2 year BCOM (regular) Degree from University of Karachi and 3 years MBA degree from Iqra Univeristy. What would you think about my equivalency in ECA?

regards

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
IQAS website says

The institution that issued your credentials must send your official transcripts / statement of marks (or attested/certified true copies) for all years of study directly to the IQAS office. This is necessary so IQAS can validate that your credentials are authentic.

Here in this thread - it says we need to get the sealed envelop from the uni (SSUET in my case), while IQAS website says the uni needs to send it directly to IQAS - can anyone please clarify this?

TIA.

Also,
Q1 : Do we need to have Academic Request form inside Transcript ? mine does not have ..
Q2: Do we need to have colored photocopies inside Transcripts or Black and white copies --stamped , signed and sealed by university-- inside sealed transcript will work for IQAS?

nooraly

Mar 18, 2018
Hi Ali,

Thanks for the post, it's really helpful I have few questions to ask. Appreciate your help and support!

For SSUET, for academic records validation do I need all transcripts or final transcripts along with degree would do the job?
2nd query is related to Name: My Name on degree is 'Syed Noor Ali' and Passport is 'Syed Noor Ali Niazi', Shall I put 2 names in the IQAS form or no need? I will submit the affidavit just want to know if any changes needs to be added in the name section of IQAS application form.

Appreciate your urgent reply on this post. Thanks a lot! JazakAllah.

Regards
Syed

gauravebatra

Apr 8, 2018
I have sent sample affidavit on your email ID.

That field in the checklist is again for those who have changed their name officially like women do here after marriage so leave that too.

Once your provide affidavit they wil be sure that "Syed Abbas Raza" and "Abbas Raza" is same person and they will write the passport name on your ECA certificate. I did a mistake and they wrote my name as "ZAIDI, John Doe" although they said they will write my passport name-in my passport my name is "Syed John Doe Zaidi"- It is because when I was submitting my application to IQAS before the payment, I did not include "Syed".

Yes, I did mention in "Additional information" section on checklist that i have enclosed my affidavit but I forgot to tell them what name should be on certificate therefore I would recommend you to mention about your situation and the affidavit with which name you want on your ECA certificate. Feel free to ask if there is still any confusion.
Hi zaid. Can you also send the sample affidavit to my mail ID.. its gauravebatra@gmail.com

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Also,
Q1 : Do we need to have Academic Request form inside Transcript ? mine does not have .. YES
Q2: Do we need to have colored photocopies inside Transcripts or Black and white copies --stamped , signed and sealed by university-- inside sealed transcript will work for IQAS?
COLORED WOULD BE BETTER

alidaood

May 5, 2018
Hey, I am a new member here. I am planning to get my degrees evaluated for Canadian Immigration--- through express entry. I have done Bachelors in Business Management (BBA Hons) which was a 3 years program from Institute of Business Management (IOBM) in Karachi Pakistan. Later I followed it up with a MBA in Marketing, which was a 1-year program from same institute. This was done back in year 2001 – 2005. At that time in Pakistan (4) year’s bachelors degree program was not common, it was introduced later on. So now I need to get my degrees evaluated however I have been told by someone that my degree will be evaluated equivalent to a 4 years Bachelors program in Canada. This will be not serve the purpose as I will loss points in express entry program. I would appreciate if anyone of you specially from Pakistan who has similar case like me can share his / her experience.

My other question is regarding services of which company to choose for ECA. As far as little knowledge I gathered I have mainly 2 options. One is WES, advantage is result only in 20 working days & disadvantage is u need to get your high school and college degree / certificates as well along with Bachelors or Masters degree. Other option is IQAS, Advantage no need to give school or college certificates however result in 2 months. Price for both is more or less same. Can anyone confirm if I am on the right track/

Thanks.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hey, I am a new member here. I am planning to get my degrees evaluated for Canadian Immigration--- through express entry. I have done Bachelors in Business Management (BBA Hons) which was a 3 years program from Institute of Business Management (IOBM) in Karachi Pakistan. Later I followed it up with a MBA in Marketing, which was a 1-year program from same institute. This was done back in year 2001 – 2005. At that time in Pakistan (4) year’s bachelors degree program was not common, it was introduced later on. So now I need to get my degrees evaluated however I have been told by someone that my degree will be evaluated equivalent to a 4 years Bachelors program in Canada. This will be not serve the purpose as I will loss points in express entry program. I would appreciate if anyone of you specially from Pakistan who has similar case like me can share his / her experience.

My other question is regarding services of which company to choose for ECA. As far as little knowledge I gathered I have mainly 2 options. One is WES, advantage is result only in 20 working days & disadvantage is u need to get your high school and college degree / certificates as well along with Bachelors or Masters degree. Other option is IQAS, Advantage no need to give school or college certificates however result in 2 months. Price for both is more or less same. Can anyone confirm if I am on the right track/

Thanks.
For local MBA always go for IQAS.

For BBA and MBA credit hours and courses are imperative rather than the time duration.

masoodali

May 7, 2018
Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Transcript request form (IQAS)
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)
--------------------------
I have called my University and they are saying they will only attest the photocopy and not the color copy of Degree and Transcript. Further, kindly update about the IQAS Checklist as I am confused in it. I do not want to go for HEC for SSC and HSSC documents. Do I have to attach their color copies or just photocopies? I do not have them stamped or attested from HEC. For the IQAS Checklist, kindly guide that how to fill it as there are multiple entries in it and I only have 1 Bachelors Degree. I need update for below entries.

Secondary school academic documents included:
Diploma – name in the original language: Original Enclosed or  Certified Copy Enclosed 
Transcripts (mark sheets, grade reports) issued by: Original Enclosed or  Certified Copy Enclosed 

Post-Secondary academic documents included:
Degree/Diploma – name in the original language: Original Enclosed or  Certified Copy Enclosed 
Transcripts (mark sheets, grade reports) issued by: Original Enclosed or  Certified Copy Enclosed 

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
--------------------------
I have called my University and they are saying they will only attest the photocopy and not the color copy of Degree and Transcript. Further, kindly update about the IQAS Checklist as I am confused in it. I do not want to go for HEC for SSC and HSSC documents. Do I have to attach their color copies or just photocopies? I do not have them stamped or attested from HEC. For the IQAS Checklist, kindly guide that how to fill it as there are multiple entries in it and I only have 1 Bachelors Degree. I need update for below entries.

Diploma – name in the original language: Original Enclosed or  Certified Copy Enclosed 

Degree/Diploma – name in the original language: Original Enclosed or  Certified Copy Enclosed 
only black and white photocopies will suffice.

masoodali

May 7, 2018
only black and white photocopies will suffice.
Kindly update regarding the below form filling sections.

I need update for below entries.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Original documents or attested documents are not required with checklist. Only include simple black and white photocopy

masoodali

May 7, 2018
Original documents or attested documents are not required with checklist. Only include simple black and white photocopy
What needs to be written against these entries in the form. I will attach photocopies of SSC and HSSC. However, I will not attest them. So, I need to enter something against Secondary School Academic Documents or just leave it blank. Same for the Post-Secondary academic documents as I will go to my University for attestation of Degree and Transcript.

Diploma – name in the original language: ?????????????????????
Transcripts (mark sheets, grade reports) issued by: ?????????????????????

Degree/Diploma – name in the original language: ?????????????????????

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
What needs to be written against these entries in the form. I will attach photocopies of SSC and HSSC. However, I will not attest them. So, I need to enter something against Secondary School Academic Documents or just leave it blank. Same for the Post-Secondary academic documents as I will go to my University for attestation of Degree and Transcript.

Diploma – name in the original language: ?????????????????????

Degree/Diploma – name in the original language: ?????????????????????
Mention the particulars in the section

As secondary School exam (Matric) issued by the respective Board same also goes for the Post Secondary (FSC)

Rizwanhassan

Apr 6, 2018
I have completed MS Electrical from COMSATS University and B-Tech from Preston University. on WES website, COMSATS university degree is eligible but PRESTON university degree is not eligible. Now, what should I do, go to IQAS or ICAS assessment body ?.
Plz give suggestion.

Thanks in advance