+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the process of IQAS and want to know the process for Electronic ECA for IQAS for my brother, who did his B.Com (3 years) University of Delhi Regular course and MBA (2 Years) UBS Ludhiana,Panjab University.
What are the steps we need to follow for filling form for electronic ECA.Do we just need to upload scanned copies of all his marksheets and degrees only or do we also have to use Truecopy?
I'm confused with the role of truecopy.
Someone please shed some light on this..
Thanks in advance

ak234

Sep 9, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a peculiar situation.

My transcript arrived at IQAS (through DHL) from my institution on 28 August 2020. Unfortunately, I realised the same day that on the form attached to my transcript, instead of writing my File Number, I wrote the email reference number received from IQAS in one of the earlier correspondences. I have written them severally to confirm the implication of such error and whether I need to send another transcript from my institution, but I have not received any response. I also called them, but it went to voicemail.

Till date my profile still says 'Waiting for transcripts' notwithstanding that the transcripts got to IQAS on 28 August, could the delay be because of what I described above?

Has anyone had this experience before, and if not, what will you advise, should I just send another transcript or wait till they get in touch with me?

Thank you.

Amehta1310

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the process of IQAS and want to know the process for Electronic ECA for IQAS for my brother, who did his B.Com (3 years) University of Delhi Regular course and MBA (2 Years) UBS Ludhiana,Panjab University.
What are the steps we need to follow for filling form for electronic ECA.Do we just need to upload scanned copies of all his marksheets and degrees only or do we also have to use Truecopy?
I'm confused with the role of truecopy.
Someone please shed some light on this..
Thanks in advance
Hi Sharot,

The fastest and the easiest route is to use the assistance of truecopy (its an agency). You will have to ask your transcript issuing university to email your transcripts to truecopy first. Then truecopy will convert it in digital format recognized by IQAS. (Truecopy will charge a nominal fee of about INR 550 for registration and INR 944 for putting your digital transcript on their server).

You may get only your highest degree evaluated i.e. MBA. else IQAS may take an additional month or so to provide you with the ECA report.

Hope the above suffice.

Best of luck

Reactions: Sharot

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Hi Sharot,

The fastest and the easiest route is to use the assistance of truecopy (its an agency). You will have to ask your transcript issuing university to email your transcripts to truecopy first. Then truecopy will convert it in digital format recognized by IQAS. (Truecopy will charge a nominal fee of about INR 550 for registration and INR 944 for putting your digital transcript on their server).

You may get only your highest degree evaluated i.e. MBA. else IQAS may take an additional month or so to provide you with the ECA report.

Hope the above suffice.

Best of luck
Hi Amehta1310,
Thanks a lot for detailed reply,it's really helpful!
My brother has also got a reply from DU that they will send electronic transcripts directly to IQAS through their official emailid and we are waiting for same confirmation from PU aswell.If they agree to do that then we will go via University else we will be using Truecopy the way you said!
Thanks again!

ak234

Sep 9, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a peculiar situation.

My transcript arrived at IQAS (through DHL) from my institution on 28 August 2020. Unfortunately, I realised the same day that on the form attached to my transcript, instead of writing my File Number, I wrote the email reference number received from IQAS in one of the earlier correspondences. I have written them severally to confirm the implication of such error and whether I need to send another transcript from my institution, but I have not received any response. I also called them, but it went to voicemail.

Till date my profile still says 'Waiting for transcripts' notwithstanding that the transcripts got to IQAS on 28 August, could the delay be because of what I described above?

Has anyone had this experience before, and if not, what will you advise, should I just send another transcript or wait till they get in touch with me?

Thank you.
Update.

IQAS has replied and I have been informed that the error would not have a negative implication on the processing of my transcript.

Such a huge relief.

Thank you.

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Hi,
Can anyone please confirm that while sending electronic transcripts to IQAS directly from University via University Official emailid,IQAS is asking us to upload a written statement showing that university is sending transcripts to IQAS to LBR.IQAS@gov.ab.ca .

1. So, my question is do we need to upload some printout of the email confirmation from my university that they will be sending transcripts to this email id or do I have to write in a paper that my university will be sending transcripts to above emailid?

2. Also,I am uploading scanned photo of my degree and PhotoID Proof in the IQAS Online Application,Do I also need to upload my marksheets(transcript) myself or my university will be sending those?

It seems very confusing please anyone gone through this reply..

Thanks a lot!

sga.sga

Jul 28, 2020
Hello,
I have applied for ECA at IQAS.

Application Received Date: 24th June 2020
Date of document delivered: 24th July 2020

Status is still showing Pending (Waiting For Transcripts). When I will receive email and eca done as per current scenario?

Thanks in advance for help
My status has been updated today to final review. Could any one tell me how to download report in final stage if possilbe.? I have seen many people tried via trick. I followed same but it throws error. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Hi Sharot,

Hope the above suffice.

Best of luck
Hi Amehta1310,

Can you please confirm that what kind of written document we need to upload on the IQAS online application as a confirmation that our University will be sending them the transcripts online.

Aprreciate your help!
Thanks soo much.

giftie

Aug 4, 2020
Hi,
Can anyone please confirm that while sending electronic transcripts to IQAS directly from University via University Official emailid,IQAS is asking us to upload a written statement showing that university is sending transcripts to IQAS to LBR.IQAS@gov.ab.ca .

1. So, my question is do we need to upload some printout of the email confirmation from my university that they will be sending transcripts to this email id or do I have to write in a paper that my university will be sending transcripts to above emailid?

2. Also,I am uploading scanned photo of my degree and PhotoID Proof in the IQAS Online Application,Do I also need to upload my marksheets(transcript) myself or my university will be sending those?

It seems very confusing please anyone gone through this reply..

Thanks a lot!
Per the first question, i typed a written statement confirming that my school would be sending my transcript via email to IQAS, signed and uploaded it as an attachment.

Per the second question, i didn't upload my transcript, because my school sent it to IQAS on my behalf, and IQAS has confirmed receipt since on the 27th of August, and i am in line for processing.

giftie

Aug 4, 2020
Hi Amehta1310,

Can you please confirm that what kind of written document we need to upload on the IQAS online application as a confirmation that our University will be sending them the transcripts online.

Aprreciate your help!
Thanks soo much.
It's just a paragraph stating that you are confirming that your school would send your transcript to their email address...that's all.

If you need a sample i used, i could make that available.