+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

Amitkapoor55

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hi all,

Can anybody guide me , my current status is assessing since 8th feb when I click assessing then I found application form of mine .....what is this?? Anyone who have similar experience??
Tia

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Here are my two cents -

1. My documents were opened on Dec 4th and IQAS sent me AOR 1 and AOR 2 the same day. The Status of my application was In line for Processing for a lil over 2 months and it changed to Final Review on the 8th of Feb. Awaiting ECA and hopefully will be out this week... They might start off with the first set of document evaluation and then probably open the second set recieved on Jan 15th.
2. Based on my research and some of the older posts it does look like IQAS recognized SCDL PDDBM. I also spoke to SCDL and the guy who helped me with the transcripts did say that SCDL was recognized by IQAS... will be able to confirm once I get my ECA :)
3. As far as my experience goes, the time frames are between 12-15 weeks from the time you receive AOR
4. If it is a full time degree it should be given Masters equivalency...logically speaking.. :)

Hope this clears some of your queries at least.... Be patient! The wait if long! :)

All the best!!
Thank you for the update ! I guess I will just have to carry on with my work for the next 6 months and then check back and see if the IQAS Gods give me a positive evaluation for the SCDL degree.:)

Reactions: srinipunna

Sir_ILikeFood

Oct 24, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/06/1993
Nomination.....
16/10/2019
AOR Received.
27/11/2019
Med's Done....
17/12/2019
Passport Req..
23/09/2021
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2021
LANDED..........
15-11-2021

Sir_ILikeFood

Oct 24, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/06/1993
Nomination.....
16/10/2019
AOR Received.
27/11/2019
Med's Done....
17/12/2019
Passport Req..
23/09/2021
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2021
LANDED..........
15-11-2021
Hi all,

Can anybody guide me , my current status is assessing since 8th feb when I click assessing then I found application form of mine .....what is this?? Anyone who have similar experience??
Tia
I'm in final review and when I click final review It downloads the applicatioform too.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all,

Tia
Appears to be some system glitch. When I click final review status, it downloads the application form

THUKRALD

Jan 31, 2019
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how much time they are taking these days. My documents were received by them on 27 the September and AOR is 5th november 2018. they asked me if I want to go ahead with masters only and i replied yes. since my bachelors is already done through WES. They said they will take 20 weeks now. Does it take this much long with them???

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Appears to be some system glitch. When I click final review status, it downloads the application form
I dont think it is a system glitch. There was some sort of updation going on with the website between 9-4pm. People or consultancies send multiple persons documents. May be it was hard for them to track for which person there is an update.

This seems to be the reason why we can click and see the applicaiton form. Just giving a guess.

Reactions: noor3

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I dont think it is a system glitch. There was some sort of updation going on with the website between 9-4pm. People or consultancies send multiple persons documents. May be it was hard for them to track for which person there is an update.

This seems to be the reason why we can click and see the applicaiton form. Just giving a guess.
Yes, even I was connecting the behaviour to yesterday's system update. Have seen this before as well when they started online tracking. Seems eca just round the corner :). Fingers crossed

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Yes, even I was connecting the behaviour to yesterday's system update. Have seen this before as well when they started online tracking. Seems eca just round the corner :). Fingers crossed
Since there is a gap in draw, IQAS will release ECA after the draw. Else CRS will increase to 450+ in this draw.

IQAS is behaving like my Ex.. ;):p:p... Unpredictable.

chirag171987

Jan 9, 2019
Is there anyone who might have got their PGDM (1 year full time) recognized as Masters by IQAS. I am on 434 with 2 or more degrees evaluated by WES and would improve the points if I get it recognized as Masters. Although I feel chances are bleak. Final review stage since Feb 11.

Good luck everyone. Thanks in advance.

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Is there anyone who might have got their PGDM (1 year full time) recognized as Masters by IQAS. I am on 434 with 2 or more degrees evaluated by WES and would improve the points if I get it recognized as Masters. Although I feel chances are bleak. Final review stage since Feb 11.

No one. How can someone get masters for a post graduate diploma?
It's a pg diploma.. And max equivalency will be PG diploma

( This reply was given considering the course was form India and that too it was 1 year program. People from other countries and 2 year PGDM, kindly check details on IQAS website )

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

here is direct answer to your question. Refer link https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/india-international-education-guide.pdfand check table 27 which list Institutions whose Postgraduate Diploma in Management has been Equated with MBA Degree by AIU. For such institutes, IQAS awards Masters equivalency - https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx#toc-0. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: chirag171987

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
here is direct answer to your question. Refer link https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/india-international-education-guide.pdfand check table 27 which list Institutions whose Postgraduate Diploma in Management has been Equated with MBA Degree by AIU. For such institutes, IQAS awards Masters equivalency - https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx#toc-0. Hope this helps :)
I am aware of this. But all those programs are of 2 years. @chirag171987 has PGDM of one year and there is no such PGDM of 1 year compared to masters as per canadian equivalency.