+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

resham24

Jan 15, 2019
i have applied for eca fromm iqas, application submitted on 18.10.2018 and hard copy of application with documents received by iqas on 06.11.2018 but till now they dnt even updated status of receipt. i dnt know what to do .. please suggest me what to do now. no AOR is received yet.

application Submitted : 18.10.2018
Hard copy of documents received by Sultana on : 06.11.2018
No AOR Received

Last edited:

AFK_Pak_eng

May 17, 2018
Applied for my Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics) degree from PAF-KIET (Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology - Pakistan)

09/Aug/2018 - Package Dispatched by TCS
14/Aug/2018 - Package Received by ANGELA at IQAS address
12/Sep/2018 - AOR1&2 Received
06/Dec/2918 - Final Review

Now Waiting for the final result
08/Jan/2019 - ECA Complete. "Completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in electronics engineering"

resham24

Jan 15, 2019
08/Jan/2019 - ECA Complete. "Completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in electronics engineering"
how AOR comes Please share screen shot

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Here is my timeline, got my ECA:

Transcripts Delivered: Aug 28, 2018
Application Delivered: Aug 30, 2018
AOR1: No
AOR2: Sep 25, 2018
Assessing: Jan 4, 2019
Final Review: Jan 5, 2019
Mailed: Jan 15, 2019
Soft Copy (Downloaded from portal): Jan 15, 2019
Hard Copy: Yet to receive
Follow up during the process: No (I neither emailed nor called them)

Thanks!

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Here is my timeline, got my ECA:

Transcripts Delivered: Aug 28, 2018
Application Delivered: Aug 30, 2018
AOR1: No
AOR2: Sep 25, 2018
Assessing: Jan 4, 2019
Final Review: Jan 5, 2019
Mailed: Jan 15, 2019
Soft Copy (Downloaded from portal): Jan 15, 2019
Hard Copy: Yet to receive
Follow up during the process: No (I neither emailed nor called them)

Thanks!
Congratulations Yoqi!
My AOR 2 : 1st October 2018, Status still in process, just wonder when I will have an updated status.

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Congratulations Yoqi!
My AOR 2 : 1st October 2018, Status still in process, just wonder when I will have an updated status.
Thanks! They will take 15 weeks for ECA at least now (as mentioned on their website), and so expect early to mid February. Don’t bother yourself or themselves by emails/calls until 16 weeks complete or if you find something unusual with your case (I say 15+1=16, because approx 1 week was off due to Happy Holidays in Dec’18). There should be usually the change of status to assessing and final review between 11th to 14th week (you just need to follow up with others just match your timelines, if you find unusual then connect with IQAS, else these status doesn’t matter, only “Final Review” matter which takes around a week and changes to “Mailed”, and soft copy made available)

Last edited:
Reactions: lanian57

Vish777

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks! They will take 15 weeks for ECA at least now (as mentioned on their website), and so expect early to mid February. Don’t bother yourself or themselves by emails/calls until 16 weeks complete or if you find something unusual with your case (I say 15+1=16, because approx 1 week was off due to Happy Holidays in Dec’18). There should be usually the change of status to assessing and final review between 11th to 14th week (you just need to follow up with others just match your timelines, if you find unusual then connect with IQAS, else these status doesn’t matter, only “Final Review” matter which takes around a week and changes to “Mailed”, and soft copy made available)
I would second that , no matter how many follow ups you do by email/calls , you are not going to get your application speeded up. Instead you will need to wait for their stipulated time. My experience

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I would second that , no matter how many follow ups you do by email/calls , you are not going to get your application speeded up. Instead you will need to wait for their stipulated time. My experience

Understood, but I just worry that they have misplace my applications or sitting on it. Maybe I've worried too much and feel like giving up.

KGoel

May 15, 2018
Hi , Anybody with Aor2 in Oct got their application started? I mean status change from ‘In line for processing’ to assessing or whatever is the next status

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Understood, but I just worry that they have misplace my applications or sitting on it. Maybe I've worried too much and feel like giving up.
P.S. This post is bit long, but worth of your time if you are anxious about ECA timelines

Haha! Trust me I also had such thoughts but believe me they are professional (except the long time they take).

To relieve you and all a bit let me share some more experience which shows how professional they are - i) I had some mistakes in my form, and rectified in Additional comments in the form (I was worried whether they will read that or not, but they red that). ii) One of my universities had changed its name twice since I graduated, my transcripts and degrees had different names because of this (only a footnote in fine print in transcripts mentioned the old name, and so I was worried whether they will read that or not, but they red). iii) My transcripts big envelop had two envelop inside, one of them was relatively really small (I worried they will miss one of my small transcript envelop, but they didn't), iv) My transcripts were delivered a way before than my Application delivered (I worried they will misplace my transcripts because they have not received Application form yet, but they didn't misplace). A lot more others, like what if my Hard Copy will lost in transit and so on.. so on.. so on.. All the genuine worries which were actually not a worry at first place, I had no control on these and so I even not thought about these twice, not even emailed them or called them. I was in this forum most of the time to observe others' experience and to share mine as well as to give suggestions to folks who were having problems (and if i know the solution)

In a nutshell, they are professional (except the timings, that could be due to shortage of staff + they have a lot of other stuff to do for Alberta apart from ECA as mentioned on their website + A lot of applications, because people avoiding WES/ICES etc. for obvious reasons), they will take their stipulated time (and sometimes more).

At last, don't worry too much, give it some time, help fellow members if you know answer to their questions. No need to check IQAS portal everyday or counting every single day and spending 15 weeks of restlessness.

Thanks!

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your precious advise!!. Really appreciated for your time taken.to reply. Will keep you posted again once my status has changed.