+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

indoparis

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Don’t you think this will create issues if we give wrong information? It might create problem for those people who have actually done their MBA from Sikkim..
I will recommend to check with any consultancy before clarifying this as usually it will generally hamper the evaluation process. There have been instances wherein the off campus courses were not recognised by IQAS.

amyth.india

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
I will recommend to check with any consultancy before clarifying this as usually it will generally hamper the evaluation process. There have been instances wherein the off campus courses were not recognised by IQAS.
From what i have researched, they are rejecting if the SMU DE centre is out of India. But at the same time, the concept of distance education works only when its done not from Sikkim. Their Sikkim centre happens to be the main campus and now they are offering full time MBA course from there.

I’d suggest to provide the correct information as otherwise one might fall into trouble.

Please do post the details on proceedings.

jithin07

Nov 6, 2018
SMU is unrecognized from 2012. In 2012 Distance education council, which was in charge of regulating distance education was dissolved and the responsibility was taken up directly by the UGC. They inspected and asked sikkim manipal to shut down all study centres outside the state becuase it was against UGC and DEC regulations which doesn’t permit any university other than IGNOU to provide distance education outside its own state.
I got the above statement from an article online. Is this the reason why they are considering on-campus study centers. Ideally speaking distance learning has to be off-campus. I am worried as I am also awaiting ECA for my distance learning.

Reactions: indoparis

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
SMU is unrecognized from 2012. In 2012 Distance education council, which was in charge of regulating distance education was dissolved and the responsibility was taken up directly by the UGC. They inspected and asked sikkim manipal to shut down all study centres outside the state becuase it was against UGC and DEC regulations which doesn’t permit any university other than IGNOU to provide distance education outside its own state.
I got the above statement from an article online. Is this the reason why they are considering on-campus study centers. Ideally speaking distance learning has to be off-campus. I am worried as I am also awaiting ECA for my distance learning.
That's true they closed down all centres in other cities..... o_O

Arlit rathi

Aug 16, 2018
Now even CIC is asking such questions so even if somehow ECA is done by some agency then also people might get questioned after ITA and risk of loosing points or worst case rejection.... :eek:
YPS sir.... draw nahi hua....abhi waqt hai..tension nakko...

Reactions: YPS

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
YPS sir.... draw nahi hua....abhi waqt hai..tension nakko...
Draw nahin hua then also tension as it will increase cutoff and can take 1 or 2 draws to come down..... I don't have those many draws left before B'day and IQAS already ensuring that I miss the draw cause of eca.... :confused::p

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
This time IQAS agent is really lethargic, don't want to confirm if she got Degrees, I sent almost 6 emails but no reply, used software fax app and faxed and then submitted web form query, got reply that they got degrees, don't know through fax or email but I am ok as finally they confirmed receiving the degrees ..... Countdown started again o_O

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
******Forwarded******

For MBA the case is different. A business administration program has a managerial curriculum and as of now, IQAS is accepting the same. Having said that, we cannot predict about the future.

Regarding the technical education like BCA, MCA, BTECH, MTECH as per the regulation of UGC passed in 2016, no university can issue a technical credential in distance mode. Even universities like IGNOU H had stopped issuance of Technical qualifications.

That said, private Universities are still using the same. But it is complete discretion of IQAS or WES to accept the case or not....

******Forwarded******

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
******Forwarded******

For MBA the case is different. A business administration program has a managerial curriculum and as of now, IQAS is accepting the same. Having said that, we cannot predict about the future.

Regarding the technical education like BCA, MCA, BTECH, MTECH as per the regulation of UGC passed in 2016, no university can issue a technical credential in distance mode. Even universities like IGNOU H had stopped issuance of Technical qualifications.

That said, private Universities are still using the same. But it is complete discretion of IQAS or WES to accept the case or not....

******Forwarded******
Is this specific to SMU DE or all universities offering MBA through distance learning?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
After a lot of heartburn, finally received ECA from IQAS last night. They've provided Master's equivalency so guess the wait was worth it (hopefully will get ITA with that). Following are the details of our process:

Degrees: BA (3-years) + MA (2-years) full-time regular courses from universities in India
Documents sent through DHL: 23 July (transcripts from both universities in sealed envelopes, certificate copies and passport copy together)
Documents reached IQAS: 25 July
AOR1 + AOR2: 23 August (single email received)
Follow up through email: 01 Nov (got reply within 2 days to wait till 12 weeks)
Follow up through Web Form: 09 Nov (got reply same day to wait till 12 weeks)
ECA Soft Copy: 14 November
ECA Date: 29 October
ECA Hard Copy: Pending
Canadian Equivalency: 4-year Bachelor's degree + 1-year Master's degree

@YPS, @indoparis, @HK19 and all others waiting, keep confidence, keep your chin up we all will be successful in this Canadian dream :)

Special thanks to @YPS for keeping all our spirit up and helping out so many people even when he himself is still under stress! You rock man :D

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
After a lot of heartburn, finally received ECA from IQAS last night. They've provided Master's equivalency so guess the wait was worth it (hopefully will get ITA with that). Following are the details of our process:

Degrees: BA (3-years) + MA (2-years) full-time regular courses from universities in India
Documents sent through DHL: 23 July (transcripts from both universities in sealed envelopes, certificate copies and passport copy together)
Documents reached IQAS: 25 July
AOR1 + AOR2: 23 August (single email received)
Follow up through email: 01 Nov (got reply within 2 days to wait till 12 weeks)
Follow up through Web Form: 09 Nov (got reply same day to wait till 12 weeks)
ECA Soft Copy: 14 November
ECA Date: 29 October
ECA Hard Copy: Pending
Canadian Equivalency: 4-year Bachelor's degree + 1-year Master's degree

@YPS, @indoparis, @HK19 and all others waiting, keep confidence, keep your chin up we all will be successful in this Canadian dream :)

Special thanks to @YPS for keeping all our spirit up and helping out so many people even when he himself is still under stress! You rock man :D
Excellent......Congrats...... I think yesterday's draw was postponed for you only so you can have ITA today (I am hoping that draw if there today).....Do check and ensure all fields are transmitted buddy......:D

Reactions: dev2203

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Excellent......Congrats...... I think yesterday's draw was postponed for you only so you can have ITA today (I am hoping that draw if there today).....Do check and ensure all fields are transmitted buddy......:D
Haha, I'm not expecting ITA in this draw as cut-off is sure to shoot up above 445 after a gap of 17/18 days. But hopefully can get it in the second draw of November, our only chance basically!
And yes, I took couple of hours to update and double-check all the information on EE profile today morning, and the profile shows the updated CRS of 444 :)

Reactions: YPS