+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

parag777

Jun 26, 2018
Update:-
AOR2 - 25th Jun'18
Received Update from IQAS stating they need Final Degree completion certificates. Also they mentioned that for MBA - You have submitted a transcript which does not IQAS recognition criteria. I have done MBA from Sikkim Manipal University in 2014. Anybody else who is facing a similar problem? How can the University send transcripts which are not recognized by IQAS? Any insights will be of great help.

Actual Email response:-
Thank you for your application to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS). In order to proceed we require the following documents:

· Scanned copy of your final degree certificate of the Bachelor of Science as IQAS does not accept provisional certificate.

· Scanned copy of your final degree certificate of the Master of Business Administration. You have submitted a transcript which does not IQAS recognition criteria.

Therefore, please email me the scanned copy of the final degrees certificates.

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
AOR2 - 25th Jun'18
Received Update from IQAS stating they need Final Degree completion certificates. Also they mentioned that for MBA - You have submitted a transcript which does not IQAS recognition criteria. I have done MBA from Sikkim Manipal University in 2014. Anybody else who is facing a similar problem? How can the University send transcripts which are not recognized by IQAS? Any insights will be of great help.

Thank you for your application to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS). In order to proceed we require the following documents:

· Scanned copy of your final degree certificate of the Bachelor of Science as IQAS does not accept provisional certificate.

· Scanned copy of your final degree certificate of the Master of Business Administration. You have submitted a transcript which does not IQAS recognition criteria.

AOR2 for my MBA degree from SMUDE (completion year 2016) was on 28th June. No such email received (yet) and now I am scared to death.

I think they will proceed if you send the scanned copies. Had they asked for photo copies sent via courier, it would again take ages for them to complete the assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: parag777

parag777

Jun 26, 2018
AOR2 for my MBA degree from SMUDE (completion year 2016) was on 28th June. No such email received (yet) and now I am scared to death.

I think they will proceed if you send the scanned copies. Had they asked for photo copies sent via courier, it would again take ages for them to complete the assessment.
It's actually confusing - it says therefore i need to send scanned copies so this is a positive ray of hope. On the other hand, Why will the transcripts be not as per criteria set by IQAS? Suggestion - If you haven't collected your final degree certificate from SMU, this is the time to request. When i did request today, they are saying i need to submit an affidavit and time taken to provide that certificate is 45 days :(. This is disappointing

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017

My bachelor's degree is from SMU DE and MBA from cardiff met university, so is there any issue with the bachelors?

parag777

Jun 26, 2018
My bachelor's degree is from SMU DE and MBA from cardiff met university, so is there any issue with the bachelors?
As long as you have a final Bachelor's degree certificate from SMU and it was included in the transcripts package, I don't see any issue cropping up. In My Case, it was not included and I never bothered to have it. Now i have to request for it and wait for SMU to send it to me.

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
It's actually confusing - it says therefore i need to send scanned copies so this is a positive ray of hope. On the other hand, Why will the transcripts be not as per criteria set by IQAS? Suggestion - If you haven't collected your final degree certificate from SMU, this is the time to request. When i did request today, they are saying i need to submit an affidavit and time taken to provide that certificate is 45 days :(. This is disappointing
I had sent them the copy of my degree certificate along with my application package. Hoping to hear from them soon.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
AOR2 - 25th Jun'18

I don't see any confusion here. They've clearly mentioned on their website that we've to send final degree certificate. But after reading your thread it seems you've send transcript instead of final degree certificate copy. "Academic transcripts / mark sheets" will be mailed directly to IQAS by the issuing institution.

Since now they've requested you to send the scanned copies, so please go ahead and send them ASAP.

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
I just received my soft copy of ECA yesterday.

Documents Received by IQAS: 22nd May 2018
AOR2 was June 22nd 2018
ECA Softcopy Email 21st Aug 2018
ECA Completion Date: 16th Aug 2018
Basically it is 90 days to get an ECA from IQAS.

I have 4 years B-TECH from WBUT and 1 year PGPM from GreatLakes Chennai.
I got ECA 4 years Canada equivalent for Bachelors for B-TECH and 1 year graduate certificate for 1 year PGPM.
Overall happy with the outcome, I am at CRS 444, considering 2 or more certificates category.

Abhishek0410

May 4, 2018
Congrats! your 1 year course was aicte approved or ugc or autonomous

I just received my soft copy of ECA yesterday.

Documents Received by IQAS: 22nd May 2018
AOR2 was June 22nd 2018
ECA Softcopy Email 21st Aug 2018
ECA Completion Date: 16th Aug 2018
Basically it is 90 days to get an ECA from IQAS.

I have 4 years B-TECH from WBUT and 1 year PGPM from GreatLakes Chennai.
I got ECA 4 years Canada equivalent for Bachelors for B-TECH and 1 year graduate certificate for 1 year PGPM.
Overall happy with the outcome, I am at CRS 444, considering 2 or more certificates category.
Congrats

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8

Dashing

Jun 19, 2018
Greetings respectable members,

I have received an email from IQAS, kindly highlight it if anyone have any idea about it.

August 20, 2018

Re: The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS). Please note that IQAS requires the following document in order to proceed with the assessment of your application:

· A photocopy of State Format Diploma for Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business from International University in Moscow (Please note that we are unable to proceed with the assessment based on the copy already provided (university format)

What is this format ?

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
Greetings respectable members,

I have received an email from IQAS, kindly highlight it if anyone have any idea about it.

August 20, 2018

Re: The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS). Please note that IQAS requires the following document in order to proceed with the assessment of your application:

· A photocopy of State Format Diploma for Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business from International University in Moscow (Please note that we are unable to proceed with the assessment based on the copy already provided (university format)

What is this format ?
Were there any specific requirements for degrees from Moscow?
Also, when did you receive your AOR2?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I have exact same timeline..
Will update if I get anything...
Got the below email today. Hope this is AOR2? I had sent both the transcripts and certificates together and it reached on 25 July. Seems they are becoming slightly faster.

"Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit www.alberta.ca/iqas for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we need more information or documents. Please do not call to ask about the status of your application as this can delay processing."

deval1491

Aug 3, 2018
Got the below email today. Hope this is AOR2? I had sent both the transcripts and certificates together and it reached on 25 July. Seems they are becoming slightly faster.

"Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit www.alberta.ca/iqas for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we need more information or documents. Please do not call to ask about the status of your application as this can delay processing."
Great..
Hope I get such mail soon...

ayman35

Jun 25, 2018
Documents Received by IQAS (Form and Copy of Degrees ...) (incorrect application): 30 June 2018
I Select --> IQAS assessment for employment, education or licensure

Amount return to my Credit Card: 16 July 2018

Documents Received by IQAS (BS Degree) 09 July 2018
Documents Received by IQAS (MS Degree) 11 July 2018

Then I Select --> IQAS for immigration purposes
Documents Received by IQAS (Form and Copies of Degrees ...) (Correct application): 20 July 2018

AOR2 was August 22nd 2018