+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IOM orientation session

Ludin

May 5, 2008
I received a mail from Islamabad Visa office asking for my wife's passport so they can give her a visa. In that mail there was another letter from IOM which mentioned that my wife has to go for a one day orientation some time before departure. We have to fill a Canadian Orientation Abroad registration form and it is called "a pre-departure orientation session".

Is it optional to go to this session or compulsory?

thank you

LCS

May 5, 2005
If it's to help people to understand what Canadian customs and laws and what acceptable behaviors are here, and to leave certain ones behind, I'm all for it. I've been saying for a long time that immigrants need to have some "cultural adjustment" training before arriving here. Sorry if this offends people but I would do the same if going to live in another country to make sure I "blended in", not stood out and offended people or broke their laws.

Ludin

May 5, 2008
My friend, I didn't ask if this session is helpfull or not, what I am asking is if it is compulsary or optional. My wife is in Kabul, Afghanistan and the orientation is going to be in Islamabad, Pakistan. She has to travel from one country to another.

zohal

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2010, send it back on February 2010, more documents request on January 2011, send it back on february 2011
AOR Received.
February 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Request
February 2011
Med's Done....
September 2009, February 2011
Passport Req..
April 24, 2011
Ludin said:
My friend, I didn't ask if this session is helpfull or not, what I am asking is if it is compulsary or optional. My wife is in Kabul, Afghanistan and the orientation is going to be in Islamabad, Pakistan. She has to travel from one country to another.
Call CIC ISL and ask them, and how long took you to get visa for your wife?