Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
I attended the IOM Canadian Orientation Session in Karachi today, it was a very useful and very well conducted seminar by Madam Lubna. I am writing some of the important points explained by her, which may be beneficial for many , as I see a lot of questions pertaining to the same.

1. She said that since we would be moving from Pakistan to Canada on immigration visa and not Visit visa therefore we can take as much money in cash or bank draft as we want to, and both in Pakistan and Canada we would be allowed to take the money in cash or draft. However our subsequent trips would be visits therefore then the condition of carrying $10,000 per person (adult or child) would apply.

2. She said that after landing in Canada we can move back to Pakistan the same day if we want however we would have to inform the visa officer and we can make travel documents through Canadian Embassy.

3. She also said that We can even apply for a quick PRC if we plan to leave Canada before spending 58 days.

4. She said that after landing in Canada we must immediatly make admissions of our children in a school even if we do not have a hired/purchased accommodation and are staying in a motel or during summer break. We can shift subsequently to a school close to the locality where later we rent/purchase an accommodation.

5. She said not to hire basement for a family to stay and that basements are for bachelors to hire as they only come in the basement to sleep, as she said families hiring basements very soon realize their mistake and have to move out in a month or so. She said basement saves money but we must not save money at the cost of mental and physical health.

6. She said to preferably hire an apartment instead of a house for the first year, as for the first year we would take time to adjust to snow and removing snow from the outside of the house.

7. She said to purchase an apartment or house for the second year instead of renting. She said not to worry if we have to move and sell the house/apartment as selling property is never at loss in Canada and people in Canada are always on the move selling their properties unlike in Pakistan.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
thanks alot bro,

very usefull information ,personally I benefited from it a lot,by the way where to find this IOM canadian orientation session in UAE.