+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Involved with Sham company in the USA. Will it affect my canadian application?

rajivdaw20

Mar 27, 2023
My application is in the express entry pool, and my employers are willing to apply for a closed work permit in Canada. This year, when I went for H1B stamping(Work visa of USA), I was told since I was involved with Sham company they cannot give me a visa and imposed a permanent ban from entering the USA. Reason for getting the ban: I took an offer letter from a company that was later found to be a scam company by the USCIS. Will this affect my express entry and work permit application even if I mention this ban in my application?

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My application is in the express entry pool, and my employers are willing to apply for a closed work permit in Canada. This year, when I went for H1B stamping(Work visa of USA), I was told since I was involved with Sham company they cannot give me a visa and imposed a permanent ban from entering the USA. Reason for getting the ban: I took an offer letter from a company that was later found to be a scam company by the USCIS. Will this affect my express entry and work permit application even if I mention this ban in my application?
Is your current employer(who's open for WP) the same sham company?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to declare the refusal and ban in your EE application, assuming you are selected and get ITA.

It's quite possible IRCC may look at your application more closely so you'll want to make sure all of your work experience is 100% genuine if you want any future in Canada.

Reactions: canuck78

rajivdaw20

Mar 27, 2023
I
I am not sure about the work permit part, but from the advice I see here previous rejections (even from Canada), won't impact EE profile once you get an ITA.
I got a permanent ban from the USA due to willful misrepresentation as I took an offer letter from a sham company. This won't affect my PR application right?

rajivdaw20

Mar 27, 2023
You'll need to declare the refusal and ban in your EE application, assuming you are selected and get ITA.

It's quite possible IRCC may look at your application more closely so you'll want to make sure all of your work experience is 100% genuine if you want any future in Canada.
Yes, I will mention everything truthfully. Thanks for the advice

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I

I got a permanent ban from the USA due to willful misrepresentation as I took an offer letter from a sham company. This won't affect my PR application right?
As Scylla said, they can do enhanced check while doing your verification, but it doesn't impact your application post ITA if you are being truthful.

rajivdaw20

Mar 27, 2023

What about when I apply for a closed work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about when I apply for a closed work permit?
Same answer. Make sure you declare the refusal / ban and give the reason. You can expect your application to be reviewed more closely since you faked work experience documents.