+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting spouse to visit me(PR) before submitting sponsorship application

savinca

Sep 18, 2012
I am PR living in Canada, spouse is living overseas, just completed the Pre medical exam. And the e-Medical report was submitted to CIC already, but no immigration file number yet. we are planning to submit the family sponsorship application soon.

Question:
Can I invite my wife to Canada before we submit the sponsorship application? or should we wait till afterwards?
What documents required for us to invite my wife? Apply for a visitor visa?

Concern:
Will the visitor visa affect the family sponsorship application if it is refused for any reason?

There is a question asking if she has ever visit me in Canada in her application form, we think it is better for us if she has visited me before the sponsorship.

Another question, she has been refused to the States. for 3 times almost 8 years ago, would this affect her immigration under family sponsorship? (there is a question: been refused admission to, or asked to leave, Canada, or any other country) Is CIC networked with States? How long does the US rejection in effect? In Canada it is 2 years as I know.
If the US refused admission is no longer in effect, should she answer Yes to this question and list details? I am afraid this will delay the sponsorship application

Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone!