+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting parents for religious wedding ceremony

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Hello Everybody

I hope I will get some answer. I am on open work permit in Canada and my husband is PR. We have submitted our Inland Application. We are going to perform the religious ceremony for our wedding in the near future but until that time my Open work Permit will be expired. I want to invite my parents from back home for attending the ceremony. Are there any chances that they will get visa on my husband's and my invitation and income proofs. Would my implied status impact it negatively?

Thank you

Reactions: Balwinder04

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
ROOPsy said:
Hello Everybody

I hope I will get some answer. I am on open work permit in Canada and my husband is PR. We have submitted our Inland Application. We are going to perform the religious ceremony for our wedding in the near future but until that time my Open work Permit will be expired. I want to invite my parents from back home for attending the ceremony. Are there any chances that they will get visa on my husband's and my invitation and income proofs. Would my implied status impact it negatively?

Thank you
The requirements to obtain a visit visa for Canada are that the applicant (your parents) must

1) have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
2) be in good health
3) a valid reason to come to Canada ( it can be tourism, family visit etc)
4) convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, business, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country,
5) convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
6) have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. it depends on things like how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.)
7) letter of invitation

status (citizen, PR, visitor or implied) of friends, relatives who the applicant is visiting or staying with doesn't matter that much. Yes the pocket of the friend/relative can ONLY justify the amount of money you will be needing during your stay

success is in to focus on point 4 and 5 mentioned above as they carry the most weight.

Rumbi

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Roopsy how did your case go? I want to invite my parents here for the wedding as well

Balwinder04

Nov 14, 2022
Hi
I am also planning to invite my parents for visit to attend religious wedding and inland applicant with husband who is PR. How did your file goes ?

Balwinder04

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Roopsy how did your case go? I want to invite my parents here for the wedding as well
Hello

I hope I will get some answer. I am on open work permit in Canada and my husband is PR. We have submitted our Inland Application. We are going to perform the religious ceremony for our wedding in the near future. I am also planning to invite my parents for visit to attend religious wedding. How did your file went?