+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inviting my father with my brother & sis in law

Jul 13, 2018
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada for 4 years now. I am currently on maternity leave and would like to invite my father to come and visit me so he can see his grandchild. Problem is, he cannot travel alone. So, my brother will come with him together with my sister in law. How do they apply? individually or apply together as family. If so, who will be the principal applicant? Will appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada for 4 years now. I am currently on maternity leave and would like to invite my father to come and visit me so he can see his grandchild. Problem is, he cannot travel alone. So, my brother will come with him together with my sister in law. How do they apply? individually or apply together as family. If so, who will be the principal applicant? Will appreciate your help. Thank you so much.
Your dad would apply alone.

As your brother and his wife and not minors, they cannot apply in the same application as your dad. Your brother and his wife can apply together.

Each application will be assessed separately for it's individual merits.

Do be aware:
The visa officer will not buy the reason that your dad cannot travel alone without your brother and his wife. Your dad has the option of flying directly (no layovers) and/or requesting airline staff to assist him, including wheelchair assistance

Last edited: