+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inviting a relative

rickyboy

Nov 5, 2007
Hi,I'm here in Canada as a temporary worker for more than six months now.Can I invite a relative to visit here?even If I'm not a residence here. Thanks

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Rickyboy

The CIC website states that you need to be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident to invite a relative to visit.

rickyboy

Nov 5, 2007
I saw a comment here by egyman(Sr. mamber) that even a student or a working permit holder can actually invite their family,egymen replied to a canadian pregnant woman with a Thai boyfriend thats why I post a question here. Thanks for the reply.

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Rickyboy

Are we talking about being able to invite family to visit or being able to issue a Letter of Invitation to include in their visa application? Maybe that's the difference.

If egyman can tell you otherwise that's great news for you, I'm just going to copy for you what I found on the CIC website regarding the information you have to put in the Letter of Invitation: -

"Your letter must also include the following information about yourself:

- Complete name.
- Date of birth.
- Address and telephone number in Canada.
- Occupation.
- Whether you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada. For instance, a Canadian birth certificate if you were born in Canada or a Canadian citizenship card if you are a naturalized citizen. If you are Permanent Resident, you must send proof of your permanent resident status (a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing)."

Hope you work it out.

citynew

Nov 21, 2007
I have positive news regarding this... I have friends who were international students and invited their families to visit Canada to attend their Granduation Ceremony. And they were all approved if you have all the supporting document.

This indicates you don't have to be a citizen or PR in Canada , to invite a relative.

rickyboy

Nov 5, 2007
Hello,to everybody especially to those who reply.I'll be considering all of your suggestions and comments.It's wi'll help me alot.Thank you very much for all your reply.God Bless to everyone.

samen

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
04-08-2012
File Transfer...
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
29-08-2012.....In Process 10-january-2013,,Decision made 19th jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Hello everyone,I am a permanent resident in canada and i want to send a invitation to my brother and his family to visit canada for a month or so...but they r on study visa in Australia...and my sister in law is on maternity break till august and their visa for australia will renew in àugust again...what are the changes of getting a canadian visitor visa for them...my brother has full time job in australia and his aife is a university student in australia...plz reply..