+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invited to Oath Ceremony but it is not listed

Sep 21, 2016
Hello All,

I was invited to an oath taking ceremony for citizenship on October 6th in Kitchener Ontario but it is not listed amongst the ceremonies on the CiC website. Anyone know why this would be the case?

Any help is appreciated

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newCanadian1990 said:
Hello All,

I was invited to an oath taking ceremony for citizenship on October 6th in Kitchener Ontario but it is not listed amongst the ceremonies on the CiC website. Anyone know why this would be the case?

Any help is appreciated
As long as you have the official oath invitation letter with date and location, you don't need to worry if its in the list or not. Some ceremonies do get updated few days before ceremony.

Sep 21, 2016
march2016 said:
As long as you have the official oath invitation letter with date and location, you don't need to worry if its in the list or not. Some ceremonies do get updated few days before ceremony.
Okay good, it has only updated on my E-CAS today so I haven't gotten the letter yet. I only worry cause a couple times I didn't receive correspondences they sent me.

Bill Waterloo

Aug 22, 2016
newCanadian1990 said:
Okay good, it has only updated on my E-CAS today so I haven't gotten the letter yet. I only worry cause a couple times I didn't receive correspondences they sent me.
@newCanadian1990 You are right that there is only one scheduled citizenship ceremony (Oct 11) for K-W applicants at CIC website. Do you mind to disclose when you attended the test in Kitchener? Just wanna have a reference as I'm waiting for my oath invitation.

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newCanadian1990 said:
Hello All,

Any help is appreciated
I had the same case when I did my oath back in July. There was only 1 ceremony listed on the website for Scarborough CIC office and it wasn't my ceremony. Called CIC to confirm and they said that not all ceremonies will appear on the website. Just follow what ever is the oath invite is telling you.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newCanadian1990 said:
If you didn't get the actual oath letter by next week,call CIC and confirm.......I didn't get my actual letter too but the CIC agent confirmed what was on my Ecas and I am indeed for oath and enumerated what to do, what to bring,when and where.

Congratulations!!