+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services

spartanking49

Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I have applied for my spouse sponsorship on April 01, I received Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter on my CIC account and also got sponsorship approval, medical passed.

my spouse lives in INDIA. I received letter from sydney, Nova scotia that file has been sent to mississauga now is it gonna go to New Delhi immigration office?

What is average time for the processing after getting pre-arrival services letter?

Thanks

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hello,

I have applied for my spouse sponsorship on April 01, I received Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter on my CIC account and also got sponsorship approval, medical passed.

my spouse lives in INDIA. I received letter from sydney, Nova scotia that file has been sent to mississauga now is it gonna go to New Delhi immigration office?

What is average time for the processing after getting pre-arrival services letter?

Thanks
The pre-arrival letter doesn't really have anything to do with your application status, everyone gets it, even if they are later denied. Expect your application to take around 12 months (I have seen Outland be faster than that, though). You are still in early stages of application. Your BGC will start soon and that will be a few months of waiting at least.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
It varies. No one can say what will happen or when. I know someone who received it in feb and is awaiting an interview. Others get ppr next day like me

maxim88

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
The pre-arrival letter doesn't really have anything to do with your application status, everyone gets it, even if they are later denied. Expect your application to take around 12 months (I have seen Outland be faster than that, though). You are still in early stages of application. Your BGC will start soon and that will be a few months of waiting at least.
from what Ive read on the forum and seen in people timeline, pre-arrival means the PA has passed eligibility , if theres an interview required, most visa office only send the pre-arrival after the PA has passed the interview....so it does mean something.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Like the previous post said, pre arrival is just approval of the PA’s eligibility. How fast you get your Passport Request Letter depends on how fast everything else is processed at New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO). Your application can still be rejected on grounds of BGC but you have passed your eligibility which is good as that’s one of the important steps in a spousal sponsorship. However, NDVO is a slow visa office and I know of people waiting for their PPR after receiving Pre Arrival since Feb. So gotta stay patient.

spartanking49

Sep 19, 2017
Thank you folks. just wanted to let you know that my spouse received passport request letter just after 3 days of receiving pre-arrival letter. 1 week ago I received email that my file sent from sydney to missisauga. Overall from file submission to passport request it took only 2 month and 18 days. I was expecting atleast 8 months so I have no idea why it was so fast maybe in my case there was no backgroud check requires since my spouse just got new passport and never left the country or maybe its new pilot program from CIC.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you folks. just wanted to let you know that my spouse received passport request letter just after 3 days of receiving pre-arrival letter. 1 week ago I received email that my file sent from sydney to missisauga. Overall from file submission to passport request it took only 2 month and 18 days. I was expecting atleast 8 months so I have no idea why it was so fast maybe in my case there was no backgroud check requires since my spouse just got new passport and never left the country or maybe its new pilot program from CIC.
This is really fast!! I think I haven't read any case that's faster than this. (not even US outland)

Reactions: spartanking49

jayantplaha

Dec 4, 2019
It varies. No one can say what will happen or when. I know someone who received it in feb and is awaiting an interview. Others get ppr next day like me
hi sir i want to tell you something about your reply as you said...... pre arrival persons are who approved for canada ircc for get the services before land to canada we believe in what ircc website tell us not the way you explain this