+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to apply photo requirements?

JohnDobski

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I am a bit confused about the requirements on the photo that needs to be uploaded in my ITA.

When reviewing requirements on the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp in the pdf file with photo specifications it says that the photo should be 50x70mm

However, when clicking on the question mark on the document checklist page - it says photo must be at least 35x45mm.

So which one is it?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Re-quoting it:
Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
  • Make sure you provide the correct number of photos specified in your application guide.
    You must provide identical and unaltered photographs.
    Photographs may be in colour or black and white.
    Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
    Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).
    Notes to the photographer
The photographs must be:
  • taken by a commercial photographer
    50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm
    and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)
    clear, sharp and in focus
    taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
    taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections
    taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show
    the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph)
    taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between the person’s face and the
    background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones

JohnDobski

Jul 24, 2016
Srushti said:
Re-quoting it:
Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
4Make sure you provide the correct number of photos specified in your application guide.
4You must provide identical and unaltered photographs.
4Photographs may be in colour or black and white.
4Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
4Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).
Notes to the photographer
The photographs must be:
4taken by a commercial photographer
450 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm
and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)
4clear, sharp and in focus
4taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
4taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections
4taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show
the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph)
4taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between the person’s face and the
background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones
Yes but some places say that passport photo and pr photo is the same (5x7) and some places have PR photo at 3,5 x 4.5

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
JohnDobski said:
Hi,

I am a bit confused about the requirements on the photo that needs to be uploaded in my ITA.

When reviewing requirements on the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp in the pdf file with photo specifications it says that the photo should be 50x70mm

However, when clicking on the question mark on the document checklist page - it says photo must be at least 35x45mm.

So which one is it?
Go with the checklist, it should be 35x45 , thats what I did

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
JohnDobski said:
Hi,

So which one is it?

Hello

Please take your photo in 50x70 mm
that's the standard pic when applying for Canada. the document checklist may not be updated
the same photograph in ITA is used for your PR card as well, if you don't upload the 50x70mm pic they will send you an email asking you to retake the photo at the time of PR card issue

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnDobski said:
Hi,

So which one is it?
Please note the words at least, which means a minimum of. Therefore you can use the 50 x 70 as well.

imran4003

Dec 2, 2017
Hi,
But tell me guys .. Even if it is 35 by 45 , when you open the jpeg in windows photo viewer , will it appear big ? or it will look like 35 mm by 45 mm ?